Misaligned barrel, poor workmanship?

sundance44s

Well it isn`t just a Italian quality problem .....
A friend of mine bought a USFA John Wayne Peacemaker through a local gun shop .....purdy pistol came in a nice box too ...more a collectors piece ...
But he didn`t buy it to collect it he bought it because he liked the looks of it and wanted to shoot the purdy thing .
After a trip to the range he found out ...same problem misalignment of the barrel to frame and it would shoot 3 inches left at 10 yards .
He took it back to the gunshop and complained and wanted it fixed or replaced .They told him ....I can`t beleive you shot this pistol ...its made for lookin at not for shooting ........He told them for what he paid for it ...he expected it to shoot and shoot very well ...So they sent it back to USFA for repair ....when it came back ..you can beleive that pistol shoots where it is aimed . We are talking 2 thousand dollar pistol here . :D

Blankwaffe

Ive gota brand new Uberti 58 Rem I just got from Midway that has the same issue.I contacted Uberti and they said to send it in for warranty repair.The Gunsmith there is a very nice fella and extremely helpful by the way.That being said there was a 4-6 six week minimum turn around.
Now I just waited on a warranty return from Traditions for about that same amount of time,and the repair they did was very poorly done....had to replace the bolt and cylinder to correct the poor repair.
So my advice is to return the revolver to the dealer for exchange or refund if your not happy with the product right out of the box..
Personally I just took the revolver to my local gunsmith and he retorqued the barrel on the Uberti 58 Rem for $20.00...which corrected the issue just as Hawg said above.

ClemBert

I thought I'd give an update on what transpired after my original post about my Uberti made 1858 Remmie with standard blue finish. I decided I didn't want to fool around with going through the "repair process" on a firearm that was NIB because I paid for a perfect firearm not one that needed repairs.

I contacted the retailer and they were very nice and very agreeable to swapping it for another one. Unfortunately, they didn't have a standard blue finished one in stock. They contacted the importer and found out that there weren't any available in their stock either and had no idea when a new shipment would come in from Italy. They could tell I was disappointed and without hesitation offered to call the importer back, on my behalf, and ask them to send me a charcoal blue color case hardened model if that was acceptable to me. Well I didn't want to pay an additional $56 for the upgraded finish of the CB-CCH version and they figured that which is why they said it would be considered an even exchange without any additional cost to me. So, of course, how could I resist an offer like that. The importer had UPS pick up the defective firearm and sent me my shinny new replacement.

Below are some pics of the replacement. The pictures aren't great and don't do justice to how nice this firearm looks in person. BTW, the retailer and the importer deserve kudos for making me a happy customer. I raise my frosty mug; This Bud is for Buffalo Arms and Cimarron. :)

Cimarron1858001.jpg

Cimarron1858002.jpg

Cimarron1858003.jpg

Cimarron1858004.jpg

Last edited:

Dingoboyx

I certainly wouldn't be complaining either

That one looks absolutely stunning :D Luv the finish... the whole look of it is perfect.

The pics do, do it justice in my eyes, you dun really well ;)

I love it when the good guy wins :D

arcticap

Beautiful!
The exchange is worth it for them even if only for all of the free advertising they're receiving here on TFL!
Be sure to keep showing it off to everyone here and giving them credit! :D

Smokin_Gun

ClemBert, you done mighty good there...remind me to be careful horse tradin' with you... :O)
Congrads Man...a beautiful Rem.

gmatov

Clem,

Nothing to do with your revolver, BUT... Color case is beautiful.

Bought a Uberti Walker a while back. Showed it to my daughter. She asked me if I could get rid of that "blotchiness" on the frame. Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. I love it, she thinks it is "stained". I think she accepts that it is attractive, since I explained it to her.

Beautiful piece. Enjoy it.

Cheers,

George

longranger

I have been using Buffalo Arms for years and have bought several rifles from them. I spent enough at their store to send a couple of illegal aliens to college.
They are an extremely popular source for B/P/C/R folks.They will do more than what you would expect to get you to come back.You need goofy brass they probably have it!
B/P shooters check them out after looking elsewhere, their prices are usually better.
Mr. Dave Gullo is one fine rifleman and knows B/P.
I don't work there.

olmontanaboy

That's a fine lookin revolver and some mighty fine customer service from a retailer. I'll keep them in mind. Remingtons and Colts, I love em all.:D