mini 14 demise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo6pak

Most manufacturers caution against using steel cased ammo in their firearms. I think this is more to do with liability than actual results. Just sayin'

Crazy Carl

I'd love a Mini 6.8 & get the chamber reamed to SPCII specs. My only concern is the lagging rep for ho-hum accuracy. I prefer that "I" am the limiting factor, concerning accuracy, not the weapon & a rifle that won't hold at least 2MOA at 100yds just doesn't interest me.

HKFan9

The mini is a neat gun, for when they were affordable. Now, I don't see their worth for $600-$700.

I know other CHEAP AR's on retail pricing will cost roughly the same, however you can build a pretty solid AR for around $400 these days. You can build a pretty much Mil-spec AR for around $600-$700. There is so much over stock on AR parts and gear right now its sickening really... in a good way ofcourse... people are running deals left and right.

HKFan9

Well that is was the ACR, XCR, SCAR, HK93, FNAR, FNAL, HK91, Cetme's, M1A's ect are for.;);)

I never said everyone wanted the AR... I was just simply stating why I think the Mini has fallen less in flavor compared to the AR.

Mini isn't a bad gun, and when I bought the one I owned back in the day for $300 it was worth every penny for a ranch rifle, plinking rifle, truck gun, whatever you'd like it for.

Lately their price tag... and to me.. the features it LACKS over the AR series rifles, makes it less desirable. AR's sell.. and are popular... it took our shop well over a year to sell the last batch of Mini's we ordered, and the prices weren't bad either. People hot rod them up to try to be more like an AR, when you can build a better AR for cheaper or equal these days.

Also the lack of, and price of Mini's mags make them less desirable if you ask me.

I buy old Sako's and Mannlicher rifles to look pretty... my defensive / work carbines aren't bought to look good, and the AR is the better performer / design.

Skans

AR's sell.. and are popular

For now, that's true. How long do you think the trend will last? Because the AR thing IS a trend and we all know that trends end abruptly. Then what happens to all of those AR builds that no one wants anymore? Mismatching receivers, off-name brands, zombie and hello kitty paint jobs, barrels from who-knows where, hand guards that look dated. IMHO, used AR's will some day sell for what used SKS's did when they were importing them in crates to the US during the 1980's and '90's.

stagpanther

I don't think so--AR's are immensely popular because of their inherent versatility--the only thing that's going to make their popularity drop is a ban. For me personally, when thinking about 2nd amendment rights-- it's hard to think of a modern day weapon in America that is more iconic of that than the AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.