Medic kit

E.J.W.

Thanks again to all for the replies.
I did contact our local fire rescue department. We live in a rural farming town with a lot of hunters on the team of fire fighters. The department does offer civilian first aid classes with one featuring hunting accidents including GSW.
My daughter (hunting partner) & I are already signed up for the October class. It covers IFAK's for field injuries.
This is likely the best place for me to start.

HiBC

Seems like a good plan.

Addressing your lack of cell service:

This vid will give you a little more on the Garmin Inreach. device.

Yes,First Responder tools and skills can keep someone alive for a time,but that time will run out.

IMO,if you are actually dealing with a life threatening situation ,such as a GSW, in a remote place with no cell service,
This device will communicate your location and emergency immediately.

Whether or not it is the answer for you? You decide.

Its good to know your options

https://youtu.be/TbsVRMdE3-Q

zincwarrior

Thanks again to all for the replies.
I did contact our local fire rescue department. We live in a rural farming town with a lot of hunters on the team of fire fighters. The department does offer civilian first aid classes with one featuring hunting accidents including GSW.
My daughter (hunting partner) & I are already signed up for the October class. It covers IFAK's for field injuries.
This is likely the best place for me to start.
You're already ahead of the game. Based on that you can build or buy a kit.

I would only add https://www.rescue-essentials.com/ and the thought of making sure you have an Israeli or similar bandage in your kit.

BourbonCowboy

I've got two small pouches on the outside of each of my two range bags. Each pair contains identical items: a tourniquet, trauma shears, quick clot, ace bandages, a pocket mask, 4 pairs of nitrile gloves, 2 chest seals, 2 mylar blankets, 3 tampons, 8 alcohol prep pads, and 4 gauze pads.

Inside each range bag, I keep identical small bags with scissors, neosporin, aspirin, ibuprofin, benadryl, Immodium, band aids in various sizes, 2 Mylar blankets, a roll of waterproof first aid tape, rolled gauze, 4 pairs of nitrile gloves, and alcohol prep pads.