Marlin lever action .22??

Bentonville

Now I'm excited about getting the gun. I downloaded the manual from the suggested site. It seems simple. Is this the same owner's manual I would receive from Marlin with the gun?
I wonder if you see problems with the magazine tube spring after it gets some age on it? Is it difficult to get parts or can you just order from Marlin if need be?
I really want to thank you all for your input. I love the enthusiasm on there boards. People ready and willing to help people. Wish I had more knowledge with which to help. Seems like I am always on the receiving end.

joab

I have a beat to hell old Savage tube fed .22 that has never had any issues with the spring.

If you ever did have a problem, there are enough 39s out there that you should be able to find a replacement from Numrich

gdm

their are a hammer shoe that slides over the hammer onthe pre safty models,it gives you alot of room to gently release the hammer if you have big fingers that are prone to slipping like I have.In all the years I had mine, It never slipped,just put that shoe on as a precaution.

run to that gun and grab it.thats a steal.brownelles has the parts for the tube,not that you would need them.these marlins last almost forever.

Dfariswheel

You'll have no trouble finding parts.
The rifle is still in production and Marlin, Gun Parts Corporation and a number of others carry all parts.

There's virtually no problems with magazine tube springs.
There are Marlins over 100 years old that still have the original springs, and are still working fine.

UniversalFrost

The Marlin 39A is probably the best of the 22 lever rifles that are or have been available

I have only one word HENRY!!!!!

They were the first and the best. Every body tries to copy them.

AS for the marlin the price is darn good. take it before someone else does.