• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Manniquin II The Dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger

It seems ManniquinI reached the magical 100+k figure (who would have thought it) before we could address the all important question of how to dress this lovely creature.
This issue came to mind this very morning when Terridarri asked if I knew what the typical (female) manniquin measurements are and what is an appropriate way to dress one.
Any suggestions?

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

terridarri

Ummmmmm, yes the pretty little one arm I mean two arm now since the other limb has been found, LOL is on the way tomorrow to her new resident, didn't ever think it would come to the day that I adopted a mannequin, but I do need some help dressing her because she is going to be in alot of public and we got to have her as pretty as possible.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Don't quote me on this terridarri, but I think that our girl is a size 6. I'll take her measurements when I pack her up tonight and post them for your information and amusement.

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

terridarri

Shucks, she could of least been a size 9 or 11 so I could of put her in some of my clothes now I have to buy her new clothes. OMG isn't she just priviledge. LOL Please, we need her cup size. LOL

------------------

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Cup Size?!? :eek: I wouldn't even know *how* to figure that out.

Wait a minute...I know. I'll go to the ladies department at Sears and ask for one bra in every size. I'll keep trying them on her until I find the one that fits, then return the rest. ;)

Now... How am I going to explain this to my wife??? :confused:

terridarri

Any women out there to help Bluesman with this situation on how he can measure this poor little mannequin that almost just had one arm cup size?
We also need suggestions for names? The winner will get a special surprise if they come to the meet. LOL

------------------

Miss Demeanors

Bluesman needs the hooter meter LMAO I wish I had that picture of the actual meter but I can't find it.

Terri what do you need the cup size for? LOL I doubt she will need anything to hold her up ;)

What kind of clothes do you want for her? I have some old bigger clothes that I am giving to the vets, they are about 6 and 7's. I can't believe I am offering my old clothes to a manikin! LOL Are you going to paint her nails and put makeup on her? ROTF

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Found her arm, huh? Well, then it's not ole Lefty. (pout) And I don't care 'bout it no more. (pout)(sniff)

Sure do miss ole Lefty. :( (sniffle)

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Well. I guess I need to get over it if'n I'm gonna be helpful at all.

Don't know about no Hooter meter, but an Army dentist once told me a method that seems to be pretty good. At least it was fun!

Nope. Changed my mind. Still upset about Lefty so I ain't gonna tell ya what the dentist said.

So there!

terridarri

So Dennis are you maybe referencing to maybe"more than a ........ is a waist." Thats the only thing I could make out of your dentist statement. Well Coinneach I'm talking and I think I know what it is so there. LOL
I'm sorry Dennis your going to miss Ole Lefty, maybe you need to help us name her.

------------------

terridarri

What can I do for you to get you to talk, Dennis? :eek: :p :rolleyes: ;) I don't like you not talking its not as much fun.

------------------

foxfire

Terri,
FWIW just did some measuring on one of the manniquins that I've got tied up in the shed.
She seems to be 34-22-32, with what appears to be a B cup.
Had to hurry up - before my wife got home. ;)
Hope this helps.

How about naming her Gertie.... :)

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

terridarri

Thanks Foxfire, I appreciate your info. I will also keep your name on my list so when I choose the name you will in the running. :)

------------------

Gunslinger

Taken from Foxfires post on previous manniquin thread:

So Terri, did you ever get a mannequin?
I've got 3 females, but they're all in some sort of reclining position(s).
And of course, there are no metal rods either...
I have to tie them up (or down) to hold them in their place when I use them...

Now today:
FWIW just did some measuring on one of the manniquins that I've got tied up in the shed.
She seems to be 34-22-32, with what appears to be a B cup.
Had to hurry up - before my wife got home.
Hope this helps.

Now I don't know 'bout ya'll but I'm beginin' to wonder 'bout ol' Foxfire. :D :D :D

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

foxfire

I'm ok, I really am
Besides, doesn't everyone have skeletons in their closet er... I mean manniquins in their sheds? ;)
Now I must remember to tell the census worker about them next time.
They're like family...
I'm coming Clotho, Lachesis, Atropos - it's time to tuck you in for the night.
Pictures available upon request.
heh, heh, heh...

As for the dressing, we prefer thousand island, but French is ok... ;)

------------------
...defend the 2nd., it protects us all.
No fate but what we make...

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
(siiiggghh) It was Lefty who gave Ray Stevens the hint about the weed eater and peach marmalade. (siiiggghhh)

Grayfox

Let me see if I got this straight.

Terri's gotta bald monkey.
Schmitt's gotta beaver mitt.
Bluesman's gotta fake girlfriend that falls to pieces.
Gunslinger wants to buy Bluesman's strange girl.
Foxfire's got 3 of these ladies hiding in his shed.
Dennis has one that's electric.
Sensop is in love with the electric lady.
All the ladies are nekkid and need clothes.
And you're using the dentist method to fit bras.

That's about it, right?

You know I believe in some parts of Europe this might actually be legal! But, I ain't so sure its gonna fly in Missouri. :eek:

You people are some of the most twisted, insane and perverted folks I've ever met!
I feel right at home. Its nice to know we have more than just guns in common. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

August should be very interesting.

------------------
TFL's official "Curmudgeon Member" and damned proud of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.