Magpul glock mags.

Fishbed77

While that may be true, at $20-$25 a mag Glock mags are already some of the cheaper on the market. And seeing as I have never worn out a pistol mag, buying a few Glock mags won't break the bank.

And that is still ~$10 more apiece than the Magpul mags.

Dragline45

And that is still ~$10 more apiece than the Magpul mags.

And rightfully so, they are full metal lined, metal costs more than plastic. Even at $20-$25 a piece that is pretty cheap for pistol mags, and seeing as my Glock came with 3 mags from the factory, buying a couple more for under $25 will last me a long time. 10 years down the road I won't be thinking, damn I shouldn't have spent that extra $10 on the factory Glock mags.

Fishbed77

And rightfully so, they are full metal lined, metal costs more than plastic. Even at $20-$25 a piece that is pretty cheap for pistol mags, and seeing as my Glock came with 3 mags from the factory, buying a couple more for under $25 will last me a long time. 10 years down the road I won't be thinking, damn I shouldn't have spent that extra $10 on the factory Glock mags.

Like I said previously, I won't even consider these unless they prove to be as reliable as the stock Glock mags.

The fact that polymer PMags have proven more reliable than metal AR mags does set a good precedent, though.

Captains1911

While that may be true, at $20-$25 a mag Glock mags are already some of the cheaper on the market. And seeing as I have never worn out a pistol mag, buying a few Glock mags won't break the bank.

A savings of $10 a mag is substantial for those of us who buy a lot of mags because we do shoot enough to wear them out. Your mileage varies.

Last edited:

Dragline45

A savings of $10 a mag is substabtial for those of us who buy a lot of mags because we do shoot enough to wear them out.

How many handgun mags have you worn out through the years to the point that new springs would not fix them?

BarryLee

I agree the price difference isn’t enough for me to buy them instead of factory magazines for carry purposes. However, having preloaded magazines reduces the amount of range time I have to pay for. So, yes I could see buying some for range use.

Captains1911

How many handgun mags have you worn out through the years to the point that new springs would not fix them?

I threw out 2 or 3 just last year that were worn out through the course of training and competition. When mags repeatedly get dropped on rocks, concrete, mud; then stepped on, etc., etc., they do not last.

You are making assumptions of others based on your own shooting regiments, practice, training (or lack therefore), etc. Just because a $10 a mag savings may not make sense to you, it does to A LOT of folks, trust me. Don't care, don't buy them, doesn't mater to me, but stop acting like because you won't benefit from them nobody will.

Last edited:

Dragline45

You are making assumptions of others based on your own shooting regiments, practice, training (or lack therefore), etc. Just because a $10 a mag savings may not make sense to you, it does to A LOT of folks, trust me. Don't care, don't buy them, doesn't mater to me, but stop acting like because you won't benefit from them nobody will.

Don't know why people get so temperamental when people put down Magpul mags. If you look back on my posts I said in every one that I personally see no use for them and that I, key word I, don't see a $10 savings enough to justify switching to Magpul mags over factory mags. Never said that no one else will find a purpose for them. If you feel that a savings of $10 is enough to justify aftermarket Magpul mags over factory Glock mags, great, but I don't, even if I was buying new mags every year. I spend $10 on a drink going out to dinner that's gone in 15-20 minutes, I have no problem spending that same $10 on quality gear that have the benefit of being full metal lined amd 3 decades of proven use. Also it's more like a $7-$8 difference than $10 between the two, so even more so I will be less inclined to switch over to Magpul Glock mags.

Last edited:

Spats McGee

Administrator
I'm always interested in having more competition for quality products in the market, and I don't much care if we're talking about magazines, holsters, pistols, etc. For me, that means that even though I don't need any Glock magazines (Glock or Magpul), I'd like to see the added competition drive the prices of factory mags down a bit.