Magpul glock mags.

dayman

Is anyone else excited about the prospect of inexpensive, american made, and presumably reliable pistol mags.

Not that glock mags are particularly expensive to begin with, but they're not quite "stashable" cheap - for me anyway. I think I heard $15ish msrp, so probably a little lower as a street price.
If that's true I could just stash a few mags in my cars, emergency bag, etc., and not worry about it. Keep all my OEM mags for regular use.

I'm a little concerned about an all polymer construction, but I've never had a problem with the pmags for my rifle, so I imagine they'll work just fine.

Anyone more educated on them have any thoughts?

marine6680

I don't think they are out yet... So not really any info.

I will probably get a couple for rang duty, and save my glock mags for serious purposes.

Moomooboo

Well.. the glock itself is polymer and ar 15 mags magpul are polymer. Why are you worried about a glock magazine being magpul?

lee n. field

Magpul glock mags.
Is anyone else excited about the prospect of inexpensive, american made, and presumably reliable pistol mags.

I am curiously unmoved.

american made,

"American Made!" does not necessarily mean it's a quality magazine. Some counter examples come right to mind.

Dragline45

Seeing as Glock mags works perfectly fine themselves I really see no reason for Magpul made Glock mags. Plus if I had the choice between all polymer or metal lined I would take Glock's metal lined mags. Glock has been making magazines for Glock's for 30 years, I trust them over Magpul.

9x19

I've no doubt those who like to stack their closet full of empty magazines will love the MagPul offering... short of stepping on one, I've never worn out a magazine body, so I don't really understand the mentality, but for them I'm glad there will be a cheaper alternative.

I might buy one or two to try, but I'll put most of my faith in OEM mags.

Fishbed77

Seeing as Glock mags works perfectly fine themselves I really see no reason for Magpul made Glock mags. Plus if I had the choice between all polymer or metal lined I would take Glock's metal lined mags. Glock has been making magazines for Glock's for 30 years, I trust them over Magpul.

If the Magpul mags are just as reliable and cheaper, that's plenty of reason right there.

You can never have enough quality mags, and I, for one, am not made of money.

Dragline45

If the Magpul mags are just as reliable and cheaper, that's plenty of reason right there.

You can never have enough quality mags, and I, for one, am not made of money.

While that may be true, at $20-$25 a mag Glock mags are already some of the cheaper on the market. And seeing as I have never worn out a pistol mag, buying a few Glock mags won't break the bank.

chris in va

Well.. the glock itself is polymer and ar 15 mags magpul are polymer. Why are you worried about a glock magazine being magpul?

Glock mags have a steel 'skeleton', not fully polymer. I don't know how stiff MagPul can make a polymer mag so it doesn't warp.

dayman

I do have a lot of glock OEM mags, so it's not as if I need them, but I agree that you can never have to many.
I briefly owned one of the Korean knockoffs, but it was junk, so I tossed it.
I've been extremely happy with my ar pmags, so I assume that magpuls pistol mags will be good.
I'm aware that not every product made in the US of A is worth owning, but I do try to buy American whenever possible, so it's nice to see there's an inexpensive (and probably good) mag option that is going to provide American jobs.

It's particularly exiting for new shooters - who don't already have a range bag stuffed with mags.
I don't think I'm the only person who likes to be able to bring my ammo to the range preloaded, and 10-20 OEM mags winds up being a pretty significant investment.

I got the idea that if the glock mags sell well they may start making mags for other popular guns.

Moomooboo

Glock mags have a steel 'skeleton', not fully polymer. I don't know how stiff MagPul can make a polymer mag so it doesn't warp.
Sure. Dont regular gi issue mags for m16 have the same? I just dont ubderstand how if it works for ar 15 why people are worried about glocks? Am i missing something?

lee n. field

I briefly owned one of the Korean knockoffs, but it was junk, so I tossed it.

The problem with the Korean Glock magazines (in my experience) has been weak springs.

glockvskci2sm_zps7bbbd08e.jpg

Which are easy enough to swap out.

LockedBreech

I love Magpul. They're my cell phone case and go-to AR-15 mag.

That said, Glock OEM mags are very, very affordable. I probably wouldn't deviate from OEM to save 5-10 bucks every few years.

There are more and more products using Glock magazines. Carbines, alternative pistol frames, etc. If magpul drops mags on the market this trend will likely accelerate. There may also be government contracts involved.

Brotherbadger

I preordered two from DSG a while back. I think at $15 a piece, it's worth the risk. Honestly, I can't see magpul being any worse than the Korean mags.