Magnetic Handgun Mounts

lunger

I would disagree since my HD handgun is quickly accessible and impossible to grab the trigger.

f1d17fd8558f4493b4c76f6d27b11aa3.jpg
That is a nice setup But I would not say impossible It still must be drawn maybe half a sleep, in the dark , with the adrenalin pumping.

My point was any firearm you reach for in that situation must be done with caution

FAS1

With a gun holstered I would say impossible when drawing the gun. After that, it's all the same when the gun is in hand, but that's not the concern.

You could use one of these with your magnet and it would be impossible to grab the trigger in the dark. Still works one handed when you secure the string to the nightstand.

51rcnEHWSTL.jpg

big al hunter

I have heard that strong magnets can erase credit cards too. Not sure how strong it has to be. Best keep your wallet away from the magnets too.

Doyle

I have heard that strong magnets can erase credit cards too. Not sure how strong it has to be. Best keep your wallet away from the magnets too.

Isn't the strip on the back of credit/debit cards magnetically encoded? Good thought.

GeauxTide

Complicating the Obvious

I don't have any kids in the house. My 1911 sits on the nightstand in Condition 1. In the morning, it goes in the drawer. With my arthritic hands, I don't want any resistance. Secondly, most magnetic devices require a certain angle of pull to break the connection and I don't want that challenge coming out of a dead sleep. The only muscle memory I want is framing the shot and depressing the trigger.