Made a mistake in getting a 1911? Sig Sauer 1911

fire4606

Stock mag after being every so lightly oiled internally as per Sig's recommendation made no difference, still last round FTF's today.

Stock mag with new CMC internals, fed worked 100% today.

Wilson mag fed worked 100% today.

Will put a range report/review up later this evening on the Sig 1911 and my new BHP

fire4606

Fairly simple yes, but i'm not happy with having the issue, i'll contact Sig on Thurs and talk to them.

Call me old fashioned but I still think a new pistol shipped with new mags from the manufacturer should work with said mags.....

Shooter4Life

I agree totally. I'm sure with the right conversation, Sig will send you a mag or two. I would be dissapointed if they did not do at least that.

KyJim

Wilson mags help a number of problem guns feed reliably but sometimes they just mask a problem with the gun. On the other hand, the supplied mags may have been defective. I'm leaning toward defective factory mags. I would definitely contact Sig and see if you can send them back. If they aren't in spec, they should send you new ones. If they are in spec, you've lost nothing but some time and you know not to use the mags.

BigJimP

Glad you got it fixed ...

and I agree with you / even if you don't like the Sig mags ...they should work 100% ...and I'd be surprised if Sig won't send you a couple of new mags ( but then again, do you really want them ?).

Gunn Smithy

I have a newer Sig 1911 SS railed model. It is absolutely perfect in all regards. I did have the exact same issue you are describing with an earlier model of Bersa 380. What I ended up doing was to get some steel tubing the same size as the cartridge. I then cut the tube to cartridge length and then in half. This piece I soldered onto the follower to where the gun thought it had yet another round in the magazine even after shooting the last round. For some reason the mag's liked it, the Gun liked it, and finally I liked it because it made the gun operate at 100%. I did have to do a little filing to get the slide to hold open after the last shot. To this day I do not know if it was a gun design problem or a magazine design problem because these were factory Bersa magazines.

Besides that I had again the very same problem with Desert Eagle magazines. The thing there was that the magazines were made by Pro Mag. Fix to that problem was to throw away the Pro Mags and use Desert Eagle mags. Wish you the best of luck and Sig should make it good since you're using all of their products. Smithy.

Hawken1911

I have a compact Sig 1911 that had similar issues during my first range session, which came after a proper cleaning. I bought a couple Wilson Combat magazines, which I planned to do anyway, and it has run 100% with them. It is probably just a magazine issue.

Dang, I hate you are having issues. I bought a Sig C3CT almost a year ago and love it. I have heard of magazine issues with the older Sig 1911's but not the newer. Hmmm... I would let Sig fix it. They are really good about taking care of any issues. I had a problem with a P229 a few years ago, they fixed it fast... Good luck and keep us posted on what they do..

LRChops

No problems with any of my SIG 1911's. I have a GSR XO and the thing is flawless. Same with the Scorpion 1911.

Nathan

I hope this is the fix. The trouble is all good(basically in spec) 1911 mags should run 100% in your gun.

The 3 pt jam as it is called has a lot of Internet coverage. The 3 pt jam which is so awful is when the feed geometry is so out of spec that nothing will make it feed right.

Your 3 pt jam is the my new gun runs "too slow" 3 pt jam. It is generally solved by a new recoil spring, new mag spring and/or shooting a new gun 200 - 500 rounds. Shooting is the easiest way for a new guns fitting process to complete.

Since mags worked, it sounds like the last round was too slow coming up the mag body causing it to be caught by the slide wrong which hits the brakes on the feed cycle.

Now, after your mags have 500 rounds per mag, is it still ok? If not replacing the recoil spring with 1 lb lighter one might give lower slide velocity at feed, I believe. Or Wolfe + mag springs might be a better choice.

FWIW, although Wilon's usually run, I prefer a dimple mag like Checkmate.

dgludwig

It's been almost two years since the op first posed his problem and, from what I can tell from his subsequent posts, the issue was resolved by replacing the factory mags with good quality after-market mags.