Loose Cross-hairs??

FrankenMauser

If you think it is a scope issue, then do this:
Call Leupold customer service. I would suggest boxing it up and shipping to Leupold. Two weeks or so and it will be back and remove that area of doubt. If anything is loose, they will find it and fix it. If not, they will service your scope and you will have it back and ready to roll. Total cost to you is shipping

Not only will they repair the scope, if needed; but they'll also do what they call a "clean and tweak" service. They check out the scope, from top to bottom, replace seals, clean everything up, check all adjustments, and then refill the scope with their current blend of inert gasses, rather than just the "inferior" nitrogen that that scope has in it right now (if it hasn't all leaked out).

jdscholer

I'm liking the factory recon idea more all the time. I've got other scopes that I could slap on this rifle to continue my load development if I want, and I'd fee mobetta about this old Leupold when I get it back. I definitely think it's worth the trouble. Heck, I think this whole rig is worth the trouble I'm going through. I'm at least having fun, and learning a lot. jd

Bart B.

I doubt any Rem 40X has been "blueprinted." Having shot one in .30-.338 and another in .308 Win., both started walking shots away from point of aim as the barrel heated up over 5 shots. Bullets ended up printing a little over 1 MOA away from cold bore zero.

That's one reason the US Palma Team politely refused the 20 Palma rifles Remington was going to make for them. But they do make a very good varmint rifle is not shot too fast.