Looking to Buy a Swiss K11

BJung

When you get your rifle, look under the butt plate. I've read that the name of the person the rifle was issued to is under it.

Nodak1858

All but 2 of my rifles had tags under the butt plate, they list the soldiers name, DOB , canton and their unit. Some guys will track down the former owners in Switzerland and let them know that their rifle made it over here. Neat thing to find one and learn a bit about it's former keeper.

Nodak1858

It's probably some of the best factory ammo ever made, close to match ammo. Privi is pretty good as well, but if you can find some GP11 that's the stuff to buy.

Calfed

GP-11 bullet is also way ahead of its time. It has virtually no flat on it, it curves down the Ogrive and then right into the long boat tail.

I think the closest modern one is the Berger RLD (could be wrong on that one).

The GP11 bullet is amazing. Here is a picture of it next to various 175gr .308 reloading bullets...

KJUYrHf.jpg

Sierra MK, Nosler CC, Barnes MB, GP11

Of those, the Barnes Match Burner is the closest profile to the GP11. I compared the new Nosler RDF 175 and it is very close to the Barnes MB.

PUEQE10.jpg

Sierra MK, Nosler Custom Comp, Barnes MB, Nosler RDF

I haven't got any Bergers to compare.

Last edited:

tulsamal

As others said, it is very easy to reload. Who buys factory ammo anyway? I would have never become an accomplished shooter if I had to buy loaded ammo. I don’t literally “have money to burn!”

I have 2 K-31’s. Very nice. So well made. It is too bad you can’t easily scope them... my 59 year old eyes are about done with iron sights.

One user tip... when I got my first one I was trying to compare how fast you could get repeat shots on target vs a conventional bolt action. That straight pull zips in and out if you put some muscle into it. But... don’t try doing it with your head locked down on the stock in aiming position... that round cocking piece will slam you in the cheek!