Looking for a clean burning pistol powder

mjes92

Clays & universal

Clays has been very clean burning for plinking rounds.
Being a flake powder it doesn't lend itself to consistant drops.
Universal has been a good powder but not very clean until mid range and up.

I also have been searching for a wide range clean burning powder. I settled on True blue or zip after some good advice on this forum and a lot of other research. One major problem.... I have not been unable find a pound of either for the last six months, but still looking.

mjes92, I think we're gonna have to form a reloading organization that Western Powder Co. will take notice of. Ramshot powders aren't distributed nearly as widely as they need to be and when the usual suspects are out, Powder Valley, Grafs, Natchez and Midway, things are tough all over. Accurate Powders aren't as easy to find as they used to be. A buddy on another forum and I have discussed this where we agree that Western may need to set up their own distribution branch to make up for the lack of retailers.

Glad you like True Blue and ZIP. Silhouette is also a great powder. Formerly WAP so it's made by St. Marks in Florida. True Blue, ZIP and all of the Ramshot Rifle powders come from Belgium. I load a lot of .45 ACP with ZIP and True Blue but I use Silhouette for my JHP defense loads. True Blue also works well. ZIP doesn't have quite as much juice for jacketed bullets (about like W231), but it's excellent in cast loads. ;)

Hammerhead

For the bigger 2, Universal or SR-7625. Both are single base flake powders and burn very clean even at reduced loads.

Never loaded for the .32, but Handloader magazine is always touting Titegroup for the smaller calibers.