Looking for a budget priced 357 mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

9mm

Try gunbroker, I couldn't find what I wanted locally, so I ordered from GB. FFL got it fast and did the transfer, total turn around 7 days. I had to pay a little more than what I saw it at a gun show for but well worth it.

Good 357

I have a gun store www.guns-n-bikerstuff.com, and have had a lot of Taurus firearms, and have had pretty good luck with them. Granted they are not like my personal 686, but they are good guns for the price, and if there is an issue Taurus backs there stuff. I currently carry a Rossi 2.5in 357 because it is reliable, affordable, and shoots good. Also if you are not going to shoot 1000's of rounds, and take care of your weapon. They all should last for years. Look Rossi up on Gallery of Guns. Hope this helps.

Noreaster

Just picked one up. S&W model 66-2. Real tight, but plenty of holster wear. Finish is about 80%. If I can figure how to post a picture I will.

WV_gunner

When I was shopping for a carry gun, I was looking for a revolver too. The best deals I could find on new guns were a J frame S&W .38 for $400 and a Rossi .357 mag. I ended up not buying neither.

CajunBass

You'll like the '66 I suspect. Good solid guns that in spite of the internet fearmongering, will last you a long time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used Tarus if I was just in the market for a 38/357. I'd check it out the same as I'd check out a Smith & Wesson or a Colt, and judge THAT gun. I'd pass on any that didn't pass muster, same as I've passed on Smith & Wesson, and Colts...and yes, Rugers too.

I have owned three Taurs revolvers and they worked just as well and anything else I've ever owned.

BTW. Just for future reference. If you or anyone else find yourself in this situation again, and you don't HAVE to have a .357, forget it and look for a .38. .357's almost always go for a premium.

kinggabby

I have posted this before and I will repost now. I would go to the forums for the different guns you are interested in. I can tell you that from being a member on some of them that they do not shut down complaint threads ( unless they get out of control or off topic ) . There you can ask people who own them. IMHO I think Taurus makes a great revolver.I would also add that you should try to find someone who owns one and shoot it for yourself and form your own opinion and not just opinions from people you have never met and could be posting just to mess with people. If you would read what people write you can catch people in lies or who have no common sense( no pointing you out ... I hope you know who you are).

Coogs

Of course I'LL vote the Ruger, some of the "Six" series guns as well as A GP can be had used reasonable, at least the have been around here, Coogs.

Doug S

If you would read what people write you can catch people in lies or who have no common sense( no pointing you out ... I hope you know who you are).

Oh, Kingflabby, please pull the hem of your skirt down a little...your panties are showing again.:eek: Your continued false accusations show what a little girl you really are.

Last edited:
That's quite enough.

I'm going to do some people a favor and end this now before I have to end it with the Hammer of the Mods....

Status
Not open for further replies.