Looking for a .380

labhound

My wife has a Beretta 85FS. Excellent pistol, fits her like a glove and its very accurate. IMHO the best and sexiest .380 ever made!

TimW77

"FWIW there are two Brownings referred to as the "BDA"

"The BDA 9, a double-action 9x19mm Hi-Power variant
The BDA .380, basically a Beretta 84F/FS with a slide-mounted decocker/safety, a different hammer spur, and a closed-top slide with a conventional ejection port"

Actually, not quite...

I have a Browning BDA 45 which as the name implies is ain .45ACP and is basically a Sig 220 "variant" with "heal release" magazine.

This same gun was also made in 9X19mm, .38 Super and several other cartridges.

NONE of them were BHP variants, ALL were Sig "variants".

In addition to Browning these same guns (Sigs) were sold under the "Hawes" name and at least one other importer's name.

T.

Bigfatts

Going home, I actually had a PK380 but ultimately it had what I considered too many cons. Safety was in the wrong place and backwards. Also no slide lock. I just couldn't get used to the pistol. I traded it off and all the ammo I have left over from then is the reason I want another .380.

I've looked closely at the Sig and I do like it very much. The 1911 is what I cut my shooting teeth on. The PPK I have shot and I just don't care for it. It doesn't feel right in my hand.

Pilot

I have a Beretta M85FS which is the single stack version of the 84. I really like it and prefer the thinner grip over the double stack. It is easy to carry, accurate and reliable. Classy gun also. It is one of the best .380's on the market and the price reflects that.

RickE

Best value, and a good carry gun...Bersa Thunder. About $300. Or better yet, the Thunder 9mm. Why a .380 and not a 9? More powerfull and better priced ammo.

going_home

I just picked up a Kahr MK9 for IWB carry.
But I've also decided to get a 380 pocket gun for those "shirt tucked in" days.
I've boiled it down to two.
Either the Diamondback DB380, or if I can find a used Kahr P380
for a decent price.

I also want to eventually get a Diamondback DB9 9MM and a Charter Arms Pit Bull 40 S&W but thats fodder for another thread.

;)

Nitesites

A LGS I visit has one of those Kahr 380's, new in the case. At least they did about a week ago. Think they wanted $500.00(?) for it.

Sheikyourbootie

Same size as a p232 (fantastic pistol) with nearly twice the ammo capacity is the CZ 83, as has been noted above, minimal recoil, and as reliable as a claw hammer.

HBEtickable2.jpg

HBEtuckable3.jpg

HBE tuckable iwb holster and this gun disappears.

25yardsrapidfirewithCZ83.jpg

Minimal recoil makes 25 yard rapid fire seem easy. Not a big fan of .380 but this little CZ is fun to shoot and is a few hundred cheaper than the (equally great) p232.

FALshootist

The Browning BDA 380 is a really nice gun, made by Beretta, accurate and reliable. But given a choice between a Browning BDA 380 and a Beretta 84, it would be the Beretta every time. Why, because the Beretta 84 has real sights. The Browning has the ancient obsolete half moon front sight. When I was young and had excellent eye sight the BDA was a cool gun.

Now if I couldn't find a beretta 84 I'd get a CZ83 or a CZ 82. Most CZ 82s don't look great, some don't like the 9x18 round, but its really one of the best deals on the market. The are reliable have an outstanding trigger,not just for a surplus pistol but andy D/S action pistol.

But the truth of the matter is for a gun that size, I'd rather have a S&W 3913 in 9mm or a Glock 26. Better round, better sights, and less recoil because of the locked breach.