Looking for .277 150 grain Round Nose Bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenMauser

I have shot the Nosler 160gr partitions and they were surprisingly accurate
The exact load that Cornbush has used was also fed to 2 other .270s:
A Winchester M70 Super Grade and a Ruger M77 Mk II (stainless).
The Super Grade loved them.
The Ruger spit them out like a mouth full of rotten sunflower seeds.

Such is the life of a reloader. :rolleyes:

Pathfinder45

What about factory ammo?

I believe most of the factory loaded 150 grain 270 ammo uses round nose bullets. Concerning some of the recent comments about obsolesence: Part of the equation is nostalgia. Not everything in this futuristic modern age is better. I, for one, will buy some very old, deteriorated and possibly dangerous ammo simply for the bullets to pull and remount. Particularly Winchester Silvertips, which have been discontinued. I had some very old Peters 270 ammo with 150 grain round-nose bullets that I remounted. I thought it odd that the bullets were boat-tailed and were likely more than 70 years old. I try to adapt to this modern age when I think I have to. The rest of the time I try to run from it. My rifle wears wood. Got Silvertips?

pathdoc

I had some very old Peters 270 ammo with 150 grain round-nose bullets that I remounted. I thought it odd that the bullets were boat-tailed and were likely more than 70 years old.

A round-nosed boat-tail? Now that is an odd beast. I've seen one mentioned as an idea that was played around with as a target load in the dying days of the military round-nosed ball, but that's about it. Are we talking enough of a boat-tail to make a ballistic difference, or are we talking a token heel to make life easier for the reloader in the seating stage?

Pathfinder45

Boat Tailed Round Nose

I can only assume that it was to expedite the loading process at high speed. But, yes, they were very pronounced boat tails. I had them until recently. Used 'em on milk jugs.

TX Nimrod

Uh, the thread is over five years old. The OP could be dead by now, he hasn’t been back to the forum in almost four years.

zplinker

Kind of odd that this thread popped up now, but it caught my eye, as I believe I have a few hundred Rem .270 150 gr. RN bullets among my 'stuff'. Anyone interested, they'll be very reasonable.

hookr88

I realize the thread is very old. I was googling load recipes for a box of RN 150's I recently acquired in a batch of reloading supplies. There is very little reloading data on this old bullet. I figured it was worth a shot to see if the OP or anyone had any reloading data for this bullet. I guess I should have mentioned that in the PM sent post. Does any one have a recipe for reloading this bullet? I sure hate to waste a box of them.

TX Nimrod

It is usually to start a new one rather than to resurrect a zombie thread, especially since the title for this thread is a WTB query. A Load data wanted thread may get better traction.

Are the bullets Remington, Hornady, Norma or what?

Mal H

Staff
TX Nimrod is right - if you want load data for the 150 RN's, please start a new thread. That way members coming upon this thread and starting at the first post won't waste their time on an old topic only to find it is very old and resurrected by your request for data.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.