Lookin' for a pistol...

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I think ya'll have pointed me well in the P-90 direction. I am not so worried about concealability as I am a good solid gun. In my vehicle it can sit under my thigh or under the seat. But for being out in the woods I can pack it on my hip. If I need CC I can go shoulder rig or baggy shirt out side my pants.
Brent

lee n. field

1)Not a black plastic pistol
2)Not a high dollar competition pistol
3)Prefer a .45
4)prefer north american made
5)durable
6)reliable
7)High capacity is fine
8)I would rather dress to accommodate the weapon then carry a mouse.

Ruger P90

dabigguns357

Hogdogs if your intrested try this sight out it's www.gunsamerica.com i have used them before,and ended up with a great gun.I was just on and came across at least 6 3rd gen S&W stainless steel .45's that might fit your bill.Hope this helps.

Swampghost

Just put the word out locally, haunt the gunshops and shows and a 1911 will find you at a reasonable price. It might take some time but it's the way that I buy all of my stuff.

Got my last 1911 for $45 @ a garage sale. It came in the form of a pawn ticket and when I redeemed it it also came with a pair of diamond earrings. Total cost = + $700 after dumping the earrings. Not my best deal but close.

hdawson228

Ditto on the SA 1911 Milspec in stainless. Ditto. Ditto
Actually, I bght the "GI" two years ago and had SA lower and bevel the ejection port, add the Milspec three dot sights AND lower the trigger pull to
3-1/2 lbs. :cool: