Long 10mm vs short 5.56

Pumpkin

At what point does the trade off for max performance compromise the reliability of the firearm? Why push a smaller cartridge to it’s limit or past when a larger one can accomplish more with less drama? I would think the 44 Magnum carbine would be tough to beat, especially if you could get a Trapper length version.

Dashunde

Pumpkin, 220gr 10mm moving at 1200fps wouldn't be a whole lotta fun in a pistol. I run underwood's 140gr & 150gr Mono and HP in my G29, 20, 40MOS and a few DW 1911's.. its not bad in the larger/heavier pistols, but its zero fun in the 29. I shoot it just enough to stay practiced, ironically the 29 gets carried often.

The Banshee is a AR rifle platform (sort of), so wicked hot 10mm should be no issue and I too would be buying the hottest stuff I could find if I had bought one awhile back as I was considering.

Interestingly, the 44mag Henry Big Boy is really a very little boy, much smaller and lighter than an AR. It pairs really well with a S&W 629 5" Classic.

Attachments

• AR and BigBoy sml.jpg
    AR and BigBoy sml.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

RickB

I mostly shoot 200grs @ 1000fps in my conventional 10mm handgun, but in a 5#, long-barreled "pistol", I want something closer to rifle ballistics, even if any 10mm load isn't really close to a real rifle.
The promise of the Banshee is a 10mm PCC that recoils like a blow-back 9mm, which is what most reviewers claim.