load for small apartment

tackdriver

good point oleg,
I might be able to prematurely weasel my grandfather's Fox away from him. Apparently they're making new Fox shotguns now. I almost died when I saw that they're $11,000 guns. Anyone know anything about old Fox guns?

gunmart

i have a side by side coach gun that i pack in my saddlebags when i am on the rode on my motercycle.its take down feature is nice since its the only thing i found that will fit in there,i keep it in a tennis racket bag that doesent stand out when i transport from the bike to the motel.the only draw back i found was that i could find not one brand of buckshot that would pattern the same in BOTH barrels.therefore i choose to shoot slugs out of it.my home gun is a benelli m1.i choose it because of its reliabilty and performance.i am taking louis awerbucks level 2 shotgun class with it next week in nashville.

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
The original A H Fox shotguns were some of the best ever made in America. But ol' Ansley was far better an engineer than a businessman. After he sold the defunct business, Savage and Stevens applied the name to some house brand SXS's of less quality and price.

An original AH Fox is worth lots of money in good condition. Savage/Foxes are dept store guns, reliable but heavy,and of inferior balance.

Something I've found about cheaper SXS, oft they do not pattern both bbls together with anything,and forget slugs.

I may start a thread about making a Lupara, it should be of interest here...

Danger Dave

I can't remember the manufacturer, but didn't somebody make a .410 revolver a few years ago??? I know I've seen a few of them out there - it's a big heavy black thing that looks sorta like a short barreled .454 casull. I believe it was considered a pistol because it could fire .45 LC as well as .410 shells (or is .410 considered a calibre, since it is one?). If I recall, they were 5 shots & one model could handle 3" sheels. I would think that within the 15 or so feet you're talking about, 5 shots of .410 birdshot would be most discouraging. The ability to shoot everything from birdshot to slugs would come in handy, too - that, and it sounds like a hoot.

I'm assuming this didn't become a title II weapon & you can still get them out there.

UPDATE:
Oooh, Ooooh, I found it! It's called the "Thunder Five" and you can shoot .45-70 gov't, too (just be sure you know a good orthopedic surgeon).

See: http://www.thunderfive.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Danger Dave (edited April 14, 2000).]

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Tackdriver, I missed this while we were rebuilding our computer, some lowlife$%^ virused us.Sorry...

The bbls don't pattern together.The chokes have little to do with it, the bbls just aren't correctly aligned. Most good doubles are carefully set up so the patterns are converged at a given distance, oft 20 or 25 yards. One of the reasons those British game guns are so expensive is the bbls are "regulated" very exactly.

Most decent doubles get fairly close in alignment. Shortening the bbls off changes POI as well as sometimes deregulating the bbls. I'm a whole lot less inclined to lop off bbls than I used to be, experience does teach well.