LIVE! from the Stand, Season 2!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Those are some nice kills but you boys are missing something...

The LIVE! part of LIVE! from the Stand!;)

We need things like

Just saw a nice doe, waiting for big boy.... Just shot at one, waiting 30 minutes and I'll post a picture of the arrow if I find it... Oh, I'm following the blood trail, here's a picture.

"Here's what I shot yesterday." Nice, it really is, but it ain't "LIVE!"

Know what I mean?;):)

bswiv

All I can say is it's a good thing we weren't "Live" on Saturday morning at about 8:50........because it was at just that moment that Louann realized that she missed.

Gets real loud when she does not like the outcome of a event......and some of the loud is not family friendly.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
We have been very fortunate. Both of the storms completely missed us. We got rain for like a week straight but it wasn't enough to cause even minor flooding. We have some "higher" elevations, 12-1400 feet that have snow in the woods but that's it.

Hunted again without signal the other day. Would have been a boring report anyway. No deer, no squirrels, nothing.

Been a rough year. I'm not getting out nearly like I did last year. It was two weeks between outings this last time and the next time will be this coming Sunday afternoon, MAYBE. Last year, I was out there 3 and 4 times a week.

globemaster3

Hey Slammedsi, you've got someone watching your hunt from Afghanistan! Do good, brother!

And having formerly been stationed at Altus, I'm familiar with the region.

slammedsi

Thanks for doing what you do globe. The wife and I are back in the stand this morning. We got about two tenths of rain lastnight and the wind shifted back to the north. We haven't seen anything yet, but its still early. Lastnight the wife shot a little boar with her 257 Roberts. Perfect shot. Only ran 20 yards. Will update if we see anything.

rickyrick

Well, I'm getting geared up for a night coyote/pig hunt (whichever comes first) lets see what happens

LIVE ACTION woohohoo

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
I haven't been LIVE! too much this season but I'm giving it another try today.
Hunting our small lease in the Lansing area. New spot though.

Wind direction isn't great but it never is, so... It's from the west.

Today's weapon is my 15" Encore Pro Hunter in 7mm-08

attachment.php

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353957592.469001.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353957592.469001.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 102

Ben Towe

From Pumpkintown, TN. No luck yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354023919117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354023919117.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 19

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Ok! Last day of LIVE!, for me, this year! I haven't hunted near as much and haven't posted here for lack of signal, a little boring on my part this time around.

Anyway, we're on our small lease again, wish me luck! I'm packing the crossbow so I need em close!

Here I am, hiding in my blue bubble again. ;)

e6yjega9.jpg

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Alright!

Today is day one of year one of New York's limited "Deer Management Focus Area" hunting season.

In other words, a zone of land on which to kill every possible antlerless deer.

2 per day, every day from now to Jan 31.

I'm Encore handgun hunting, otherwise I'd have one already. Had 200 yard oppurtunity walking in.

Now I'm sitting in the edge of the same field, about 150 to one opposite corner, 200 the other.

Encore Pro Hunter handgun in 7mm-08 with Stoney Point sticks.

Here I am:

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 102

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Well darn. :(

Just missed (apparently) a nice doe. Odd. Felt like a decent shot. There's some snow on the ground though and I tracked her at least 100 yards in the brush plus 100 or so from where she stood in the field and no blood.

Bummer.