LIVE! from the Stand, Season 2!

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
This is the first weekend of our archery season, I went out on day one but signal prevented my posting. Here's a couple pictures showing my location, you can also google map ITH and match the pictures to get a better look. I'm due north of the runway.

If I get a shot, it'll be close. In between water and a fence, max shot is 17 yards. Somebody put a stand up, you can see it in the picture. Hopefully they know something. The fence is about 7 feet high and runs several hundred yards, this being the only place where a tree has knocked it down. It's an obvious crossing point based on the trails but I don't know if its day or night travel.

I have doe tags and am "Triple Buck Eligible" so any good, mature deer is going to get it. :)

Slick heads don't even need to be mature! ;)
qeresybe.jpg

dyjure4y.jpg

7u9ugevu.jpg

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Here I am again!

Same tree I shot the 8-pt from last year.

Here's hoping for more deer movement this year than last. Even though he was my biggest buck ever (by a lot), he was the only deer my entire party saw in this area. This place has been HOT previous years but there weren't any acorns last year. Hopefully there's enough to bring them in this year.

Here's where I am if you didn't see last year...

Just south of Ithaca airport.

se7uzape.jpg

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Be sure to eat plenty of chili for the next trip to the stand.
Deer are fascinated by scent. ;)

Thanks! Sometimes I don't know why I hang out with you guys! :D

Magic hour is upon us.... please stand by...

BTW, mighty fine elk there, Frankenmauser. Extra cool you got him with homemade bullets.

bswiv

I'll have to figure out a way to get you for this!!!

Last thing I need is to have one more thing I need to do every afternoon.

And to think I'll be checking in on a guy ( Who is probably ugly! ) who I don't even know..........and the whole time hoping he connects.

What a odd world..........................

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
Don't worry, I'll only be hunting on some Saturday mornings and afternoons, sometimes on Sunday afternoon and Mondays.

You'll have at least 4 days a week to relax. :D

FrankenMauser

BTW, mighty fine elk there, Frankenmauser. Extra cool you got him with homemade bullets.

Thanks. He had a good body, but most people would consider the rack sub-par. I'm excited about the bullets. :D

Good luck with the Deer.

PawPaw

Our season doesn't start until the last Saturday in October and I think I'm ready. I've done the last few chores associated with the opening day and I won't go out there again until that Saturday morning.

My stand is at Latitude 31°41'23.86"N. , Longitude 92°13'52.15"W

deerstand1.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this season.