List of internal riding slide pistols

HisSoldier

A friend of mine was telling me how terribly accurate such pistols are compared to a 1911 because of this difference.
It's sort of like people claiming fixed barrel guns are naturally more accurate than a 1911 because the barrels never move, but when you look at the 1911 cocked and locked the barrel is locked in 3 or 4 contact points (Depending on how you look at them) to the slide, and of course the sights are locked to the slide. It only gets sloppy for reloading within limits and then clamps back together.

The fixed barrel claim is often used for the PPK but hello! The barrel is fixed to the frame, but the sights are attached to the slide which has lots of slop.

JMB was a genius, the way the 1911 loosens for auto loading and tightens up for firing is brilliant. At the moment of ignition everything is tight and positioned exactly the same as during the last shot, by the time it opens up the tolerances the bullet's downrange.

Same as a Sig.

TRX

> The SACM 1935A slide rides outside its frame rails.

I don't care. I wouldn't kick one out of my gun rack.

I always liked that gun, though I never understood why they bothered to use a locked breech with such a pathetic cartridge.

Jimbo-Indy

While many CZ models were mentioned, they were all 75 series. I will add the model 97B although it is a scaled up 75.

GarandTd

Because pictures make this thread better.
Sarsilmaz K2P 9mm.

Attachments

• rps20210402_220533_207.jpg
    rps20210402_220533_207.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 32

GarandTd

YES........that's what I'm talking about. Nevermind the fact that your carpet looks better than my gun....

Last edited:

GarandTd

Bac, you have some of the finest guns I've ever seen, but when they say "special", they seem a little pretentious...

Please don't take offense, I'm just giving u $hi+...cause I'm cheap and I can......:p

Siggy-06

Nice pistols Bac. The P210 has been on my radar for a while since I got to handle one last year, or a CZ shadow 2. Both are around the same ball park price wise.

bac1023

Nice pistols Bac. The P210 has been on my radar for a while since I got to handle one last year, or a CZ shadow 2. Both are around the same ball park price wise.

Thanks, but you definitely won’t find those pictured for the price of a Shadow 2. The German Super Targets sell for about $5000 on Gunbroker and the Swiss Target models above them sell for a good deal more than that.

I don’t care for the American P210A much. Good shooters for the money I guess, but not a P210 in my book. Cheaper materials and cheaper design. Fit isn’t nearly as nice either.

I guess for a P210-like pistol on the cheap it isn’t bad.

Last edited:

Brit

I first fired a Sig 210, that belonged to a retired Army Officer, in a Gun Club in Bolton, Lancashire England in 1953 I was 18.
When my score beat his! Never fired that gun again.
In 1965, travelling with my family, on a huge liner, to Australia, The Australis, a Greek ship. We pulled in to the head of the Suez Canal, the port of Aden. At the time it was in the hands of the Brits and embroiled in some bad riots.
A Royal Marine Commando with his FN Rifle across his arms was watching the rooflines, intently, responded to my inquiry "Snipers a problem LA?" "Oh yes Scouse, lost a sqaddy last night" never looked at me. But he caught my accent. My comment of "Watch your Arse" got a nod.

Just prior to boarding the Ship. I was talking to a Police Officer, who wore an open-topped holster with the walnut grips of a new Sig 210 peeping out of it.
"Issued Sig 210 aye?" He said "Welll! and promptly drew it out to show me, no he did not let me handle it. It gleamed. The family were not allowed ashore, did not think my being there was the best idea I had ever had either!

Brit

Jim, I lived in a Pub 8 miles from Liverpool docks, that were bombed a lot.
The secret Spitfire airfield, half a mile from the Long Pull ( The Victoria Hotel) it was on top of a hill hence the nickname, the long pull.
We two used to sneak over the wall and listen to the sentries chatting quietly in their little pits. Still have time to collect our snared rabbits. Eddie my buddy did not make it through the war. We were born in 1935.
When the Yanks started to come to a local base two miles away, my Dad started to swap pints for large tins of Jam! But we got some gifts that were just that gifts. To a 7-year-old these Guys were huge! Gleaming Jump Boots.

My Dad told a story after the war, a Black Parra Trooper came in, with a young woman. My Dad said he could not serve him. "Because I am black!" he said, "No it is because that Lady's husband is in the Tankers in North Africa"

They left, the Soldier came back. He asked for a Pint! My Dad said, "On the house".
Then one night! They all were gone!!
So many of those men dropped over the beaches, and died!!
I still think about that.

blchandl2

Brit, your response is very interesting to me.

My dad was a paratrooper on WWII. He was sent to England to prepare for their jump into North Africa. He was in the 509th PIB.

Nanuk

A friend of mine was telling me how terribly accurate such pistols are compared to a 1911 because of this difference.
It's sort of like people claiming fixed barrel guns are naturally more accurate than a 1911 because the barrels never move, but when you look at the 1911 cocked and locked the barrel is locked in 3 or 4 contact points (Depending on how you look at them) to the slide, and of course the sights are locked to the slide. It only gets sloppy for reloading within limits and then clamps back together.

The fixed barrel claim is often used for the PPK but hello! The barrel is fixed to the frame, but the sights are attached to the slide which has lots of slop.

JMB was a genius, the way the 1911 loosens for auto loading and tightens up for firing is brilliant. At the moment of ignition everything is tight and positioned exactly the same as during the last shot, by the time it opens up the tolerances the bullet's downrange.

Same as a Sig.

You are aware that many 1911's will shoot 50 yard 2" groups?

Brit

A friend of mine, in Toronto, had his accurized 45 1911 by Al Dinan, an American Gunsmith, stolen by two kids. They hid it in a sock! Buried it in their garden. His name was Bob Jones. When returned to him by the Toronto Police, it was in a pretty sad state, rusty. I bought it for $60.00. Cleaned it up, took it down to my gun club. Toronto Revolver Club. As you can guess, this was a long time ago.
As you could only load 5 rounds at one time, club rule, I did that. It had adjustable (Revolver?) sights fitted. Taking a one-handed bullseye stance, I fired those 5 rounds, my own reloads, 168g Hensley&Gibbs Semi Wadcutters, with 5.2g of 700X behind that hard cast bullet. Range 20 yards.
When I brought the carrier back!!! I had one big ragged hole.
Took the Pistol to Harry Hickys Gun Shop on Dawes Rd. He stripped it down, replaced the sights for combat sights (It was to be my new IPSC Gun) and reblued it, the trigger weight was an incredible 3 lbs. No creep broke like snapping a glass rod.
I asked the Colt Rep. at a big match in the States, was this the oldest gun at the match he said "1913? I guess so" I was in Canada for 36 years, before moving to Orlando, to join my son, and have been here ever since.
Both my lovely wife of 28 years (Second one!) and I are now US Citizens.

Last edited: