Lever Action Questions

BrittB

There's always Henry, they make good stuff and if you have an issue with it they are just a phone call away.:)

CodeBasher

I have a Rossi model 92 in .44 and it's the most fun gun in my collection, I'd recommend one to anybody. It functions well with light load .44 specials for my young son to shoot right up to 300gn .44 magnums which gives ye olde shoulder one hell of a hammering :)

oldNewbie

Puma model 92 .44 magnum

Don't know whether to reply to this thread or start a new one - but it's "Lever Action Questions" so here goes:

I inherited a Puma model 92 from my father recently, chambered in .44 Magnum. Is it safe to fire .44 special in this rifle? I know that .44 special can be fired in a .44 Magnum handgun, but does the same apply to rifles?

Thanks in advance,

mavracer

Yes you can safely fire 44 specials in a 44 mag lever. the short length may cause some feeding issues, but mine feeds 200gr lead RNFP 44 specials fine.

Rifleman 173

I vote for the .44 magnum lever action Marlin. I've had one for many years and I will not part with it because I love that darned thing. It's slim, holds a powerful round and is accurate as all get out! It's comfortable to carry and not super heavy at all. With that saddle carbine I would go anywhere and feel pretty safe.

Hawg

I've had two Marlin 94's and a Rossi 92. The Marlins didn't stay long but I still have the Rossi.