Let's talk bolt-actions.....what's your favorite?

nero

Rimfire: Mossberg 46M(a)

Centerfire: Spanish FR-8 7.62 Nato

nero

Attachments

• fr8a.jpg
    fr8a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 12
  • m46.jpg
    m46.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12

Leif

Haven't messed with their centerfire counterparts, but I'm partial to Anschutz 54 and 64 match actions for rimfire.

SGHOTH

The Sauer 202 action is by far the smoothest bolt action I have ever handled. It is also strong and quiet. In the supreme Lux version it is also one of the most beautiful guns I have ever seen. I wish I could afford more of them.

PS Shoots nice also.

Moloch

AIABIG.jpg

223 shooter

All of my centerfire bolt rifles have been Rem. 700s with the exception of my Savage 12BVSS. My favorite rifle of the group is my 700LTR. One of my other 700s or the Savage may eventually be customized with a match barrel.

I have a few CZ rimfire rifles and I would like to try out one in centerfire one of these days.

RedneckFur

I'm a fan of both Remington and Savages. I like the remington best, because it has better fit and finish.

Savages tend to look cheaper, but boy, do they shoot.

sneaky pete

A Mil-Surp Swed

old Sneaky here: Of course it could only be my Carl Gustav 1924 m41/B 6.5X55 Swed Sniper rifle AS issued W/an Ajack 4X90 issue scope. Flat shooting, accurate, low recoil, and an excellent hunter. Nothing more to say. THANX--SNEAKY :)

dgludwig

When it comes to bolt-action rifles I don't think you can beat the Ruger 77. I've got two of the originals (tang-safeties) and two of the Mark IIs and, though I like them both, I guess I prefer the older ones.

nate45

My all time favorite sporting bolt action: Winchester pre 64 Model 70

My all time favorite military bolt action: Mauser 98 and its variations specifically the 1909 Argentine

Also close is the 721/722/700 Remington and the Sako. In fact Sako actions are very nice and I feel like they are one of the very best new bolt actions currently available.