Let's see your 6.5x55mm rifles.

Water-Man

The quality of it is beautiful too. It's the most accurate rifle I've ever owned, and I've owned many.

The bullet I used for hunting (last year was my last hunting year) is a 130gr. Barnes TSX at 2950 fps. Before that I used a 140gr. Partition.

trigger45

Thanks for all the replies. I really like the 140 gr bullets in this caliber. But it also likes the 130 gr as well.

mete

Mine is a custom M98, done at gunsmithing school, served me well for many years ! I always thought that it performs best with a 140 gr bullet, mine getting 2750 with no problems. The creedmore ? I call that the 6.5x55 LITE :p

Chaparral

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on here!! I have a beautiful Tikka in stainless steel, fluted, with beautiful wood. I have the silver colored Leupold on it. A tack driver. Only my target load. I have not worked up my hunting load. This is my load:

Varget 34.5 gr – 3.020 COAL – Berger VLD Target 140 gr

emcon5

1941 Husqvarna.

swedem38.jpg

czgunner

I just got a sweet deal on a lefty Tikka T3X in a wood stock.
I’ll get some pics taken soon.
I have dies, but only a few pieces of brass.
What ammo has the best brass? Is the Prvi okay?

Chaparral

I just got a sweet deal on a lefty Tikka T3X in a wood stock.
I’ll get some pics taken soon.
I have dies, but only a few pieces of brass.
What ammo has the best brass? Is the Prvi okay?
Yes that is not bad brass at all. I ordered mine from Graf and Sons reloading. They are reliable. Some people will tell you that you have to have Norma or Lapua brass. Horse dung! Yes it isn't the best brass, but it will do a great job and if you aren't skilled at reloading yet it will allow you to make learning mistakes that are less costly.