Let's see your 6.5x55mm rifles.

trigger45

This is my Ruger M77mkII. It's in 6.5x55mm. I recieved from my brothers widow 4 years ago.

uploadfromtaptalk1409614450815.jpg

I'm really pumped about this rifle. Just started shooting it this year. Finally was able to touch it. It has a Bushnell 3200. His scopes kept breaking told him to get a good one and he'd only have to buy one. So he bought that one.
How many of you have a modern rifle in this caliber? Pics please lots of pics. And what powder do you use?

44 AMP

Staff
I have two rifles in 6.5x55mm Swede. The newest one was made in 1917. Its the Mauser.

My other one was made in 1897, and its a Norwegian Krag.

no pics, sorry, but then, they aren't the modern rifles you wanted to see, anyway...:rolleyes:

I use IMR 4320 in the Swede, and have had very good results with the 140 & 160gr bullets.

Erno86

I just bought a M96 Swedish Mauser...dated 1903, with all matching numbers. I like the accuracy and mild recoil associated with the rifle.

mete

I have a custom M98 in 6.5x55 which was my deer rifle for 25 years . Finn Aagaard called the 6.5x55 the perfect deer cartridge ! I agree !! :D
I still think the 140 is the perfect bullet weight .Powders like 4350 are the best for that cartridge and bullet.

Jo6pak

I often toy with the idea of getting a "modern" rifle in 6.5x55. But can't see that is will do anything that this one won't.

1917 barreled receiver. Assembled over a few years back in the early 90s. It's been my deer/coyote gun for almost 20 years.
KimberM96Sporter_zps16295d80.jpg

Still, that Ruger has me thinking again...:rolleyes:

trigger45

I often toy with the idea of getting a "modern" rifle in 6.5x55. But can't see that is will do anything that this one won't.

1917 barreled receiver. Assembled over a few years back in the early 90s. It's been my deer/coyote gun for almost 20 years.
KimberM96Sporter_zps16295d80.jpg

Still, that Ruger has me thinking again...:rolleyes:

Get the howa 1500.

Westcoaster

Ahhh, 6.5x55 was an itch I had to scratch a few years ago. Being a bit of a Winchester hound and a patient man I eventually found an "as new" Model 70 Classic Featherweight. Crappy picture but she is a nice rifle.

kawasakifreak77

Nice rifles, especially that low wall! I'm of the opinion, anythig in 6.5 Swede is a darn good rifle.

My dream rifle, the one I'm piecing together now is on a 1919 Carl Gustav action. Shillen barrel, timney trigger, walnut stock & period Lyman 48 target peep.

If I could only have one rifle, it'd be a Swedish Mauser. Silenced, of course. :)

Bennyfatsack

Carl gustav Swedish Mauser, old school, been (sporterised) I spose, got new aftermarket stock, modern drilled and tapped leupold rings and a nasty 6-24x50 barska on it, great deer rifle good legs and pack the punch with 130 grainers. Ill post a pic when I work out how to reduce its file size
image.jpg

Last edited: