Lee Single Stage Presses

Right! My point was that if you have a hollow ram and build up dust in there, it's a lot more bother to clean out than the Co-ax drop tube.

BrBa

My only experience with single stage presses is a Forster Co-Ax, but I've been very happy with it.

Whichever press you decide to run, I recommend checking out the Ultramount mounting options from Inline Fab. I use the 7.5" Junior model which is tall enough for tabletop work without having anything hang down below the bench surface.

TruthTellers

Of all the Lee single stages I would recommend, it's the APP. You don't have to use the case feed system if you don't want to, but if this press is only for one caliber there'd be no reason no to as you would size and flare cases much faster.

You wouldn't be able to charge cases on the APP tho, so if you were looking to do that avoid the APP.

I do own the C frame you're asking about, I bought it specifically to use the Lee Auto Disk as none of my other presses allowed for that. I have used it occasionally and have no complaints. The Challenger is a fine press, but for just handgun use only I think it's overkill and a waste, the APP is perfect for use with handgun calibers.

Shadow9mm

Personally i hate the breach lock feature and the lee lock rings. I have the hornady lock n load system, i have spent so much money on those quick change adapers its not funny. If it were me, id buy hornady lock rings which clamp to the die and keep my settings. And just snug it down when i put the die in.

Mike38

The Lee Challenger press will work just fine for reloading handgun cartridges. I bought one 25 years ago and have been loading everything from .32acp to 7mmSTW with it and it's still working fine. Just keep the ram clean and a bit of lube. The steel ram rides in the aluminum frame and I would think it would wear out quickly if it is left dirty and unlubed.

tangolima

Aluminum frame flexes more. Not the best for heavier duty tasks that's all. Same considerations on c frame vs o frame.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Marco Califo

I have two Lee Hand Presses. They are portable and can be used while seated on a couch. I use them more than my Lyman Turret.

olduser

I have use nearly every Lee press except their progressive. If I were you I would go with the Lee Classic Turret. I know it costs more but the convenience of changing calibers can't be beat.

jetinteriorguy

I have use nearly every Lee press except their progressive. If I were you I would go with the Lee Classic Turret. I know it costs more but the convenience of changing calibers can't be beat.
Out of all my presses, including my Dillon 550, if I could only have one it would be the Lee Classic Cast turret. It just works.

Big Wes

After 30 years of reloading, started with a 550b, I finally bought my first single stage press two years ago, a Mec Metallic very smooth operating, very impressed with it. I like it a lot!

Glen-Bob

Like others I’ve used a Classic and Turret for years. Over time obtained a 550b that’s great for production. Still today 99.5% of the time I load single stage. For me I enjoy it more hunting and defense loads.