leather handgun holsters..cheaper than galco

troy_mclure

If you are planning on using the tagua holster in a wet/rainy environment i recommend against them.

I bought one for my ruger sbh, 5yrs ago during deer season i had 3 days of rain.

The 3rd night as i took out my gun to wipe it down i noticed it was covered with brown goo.

Apparently the leather was not properly cured, and the tannins and dye were leaching out of the holster.

It also dried malformed with some of the edges curling in.

BigJimP

I can't believe noone has mentioned Kramer holsters ......

Their horsehide holsters are some of the best on the market ...and at around $ 150 are a great long term buy, in my opinion. Depending on the model you like - Kramers prices are from $ 125 - $ 185 or so ........ but they're worth it.

http://www.kramerleather.com/home.cfm

and their made in Tacoma, WA ....

they are a much better product than Galco ( in my opinion )..

ubersoldate

Ive got a galco thats over ten years old and still holds nice and tight, great holster.
For another great leather holster thats a little cheaper there is ROSS, Ive got one of theirs that I got used in a gun store for a colt 1911 and again, its a great holster...African leather if I remember correctly...

dabigguns357

I took my wife by the same local shop as discoRacer and looked them over,I didn't buy one for me but my wife found one she really liked.Trying to find a holster that fits her is harder than trying to find her a gun belt.
007.jpg

bagman

I too came across a Tagua on day in the local GS and was impressed enough by the quality to pick one up for my 1911. It's only been a month or so and so far so good. I wear it daily.