leather handgun holsters..cheaper than galco

DiscoRacing

Found a nice, much cheaper alternative to leather holsters than Galco. After spending 100 bucks plus on a Galco for my 357mag, I came across a local shop selling TAGUA leather holsters. Got two for my 45s and one for my 9mm and paid only ten bucks more for the three than I paid for the Galco. They are made in Paraguay, come in both brown and black color, thumb break or open top. Here they are 39 bucks and change per... I have compared them to the Galco I have and there is no difference in quality/stitching/leather thickness. Just wanted to get this out to those who might not have heard of the brand yet. I was happy to find them and pay a third of the price for a Galco for them.

DiscoRacing

two on the top are the Tagua..bottom is Galco

100_2837.jpg

Daryl

I've b een wearing a Galco holster almost every day for nearly 10 years, and it's still in good shape.

And they're made in Phoenix, Arizona if I remember right (it's been a long while).

But, let us know how they last. The proof is in the longevity IMO, so if they last as long, then they're likely worth it.

Mine has a 10 year head start, but I'll put it in my will to let y'all know when it wears out.

The race is on...

Daryl

riggins_83

I do agree Galco holsters are expensive. They're well made, yes, however for the money Don Hume also makes great stuff.

Kreyzhorse

I was going to suggest Don Hume as well. They seem pretty well made and seem to hold up well.

I prefer Galco over Don Hume, but for those on a budget, Don Hume is a good choice.

jfrey

I bought the quick draw and shoulder rig for my CW9 and like them both. The only holsters I have found that I think will last a life time are made by El Paso Saddlery. I have a couple of Galoc's and they aren't near as well made. Also have one by Rafter S that is holding up very well.

45Gunner

I'm always looking for great holsters at reasonable prices. Like most everyone else, I have boxes of holsters. Seems I always come back to the Galco for most of my guns. I have a couple of Don Humes for my H & K's and a couple of Blackhawks for my range guns (1911's).

I also have a bunch of crappy holsters that would make good fodder for a bon fire. Every once in awhile an add will catch my eye and I will spend a few buck to try out something different only to find that I go back to what I stated above....and each time I do that I say it will be the last time, until the next time.

Maybe there is something wrong with me but I just cannot see spending more than $150 for a holster and when it comes to guns, $1500 is about as high as I will venture. Guess I have my limits for most everything. I would never spend a million dollars on a house nor would I spend $100,000 for a car, even if I could afford it. Makes no sense when the same can be purchased for less money and equal quality.

rattletrap1970

I have a very nice 1911 shoulder rig from Idaho Leather. Got it several years ago, but I'm pretty sure the guy is still around. The guy does very nice work, I thought it was reasonably priced.

PSP

Is the Tagua made with the same profile as the Galco? One reason I really like the Galco holsters is that flat body side profile that makes the pistol very comfortable to carry all day. The other thing that Galco does well is the initial fit... it is very accurately molded to the gun, better done than most hjolster makers.

Any new product is worth a "look see" though. Thanks for the heads up.

billfrombyron

Nice looking holsters. I wouldn't mind trying one out if offered for CZ PO1.

I'm not a Galco fan. I love my FIST-INC holster, and I loved my Milt Sparks summer special 2.

I will never go galco or commercial again after those two custom pieces.

That being said Ross leather is good stuff and my 7 year old 1911 yaqui style slide is still going strong.

My next rig is going to be an andrews custom leather monarch set up for my 1911 and my CZ if possible.

For the money Fist-INC cannot be beaten(And they are hand made to order). Don't be thrown off by their kydex models, all can be had in leather as well. My tuckable IWB for my CZ PO1 is fantastic and is now 4 years old. still not so much as a sweat stain and still as tight as new. (And used almost daily until 2009, used daily when home on vacation now)

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

http://www.miltsparks.com/

-Bill

WESHOOT2

Jackass Leather Company

I own Sparks and Galco and Hill and Safariland and Bianchi and others.
I've found I've gotten what I've paid for.

(After counting, I own more Galco than any other brand. But I love my Sparks......moo).

Locoweed

I've got a Tagua pocket holster for my P3AT and I'm impressed with the quality, fit and workmanship. I wish I could find more of them. The last holster I bought was a Simply Rugged and it was nothing more than a bull scrotum with belt loops. I was very disappointed and I'm through with them.

MADISON

TAGUA leather holsters?

Until Tandy Leather dropped their stores and went Mail Order, only, I made holsters. Back then, I could make a belt holster or a bellt-slide sholster for $10.00.
Does "TAGUA leather holsters" have a web sight?