LCP - pocket carry on a bicycle.

7.62 man

I carry a Sig 938 in a pocket holster. I have rode bicycle. paddled canoe, & kayak, hiked for many miles at a time, hunted deer & squirrel, dragged out deer from the woods climbed in & out of tree stands. Never had a problem. I make sure the gun in the holster is the only thing in that pocket.

Cheapshooter

Hal, I doubt there is any movement involved in riding a bike that can impart enough pressure, in the right location, to completly cock, and discharge and LCP holstered and in your pocket.
Although any bicycle, or more likely motorcycle riding is in my past, I carry an LCP daily in a DeSantis Nnemisis in my right front pocket. Sometimes climbing ladders, getting on the ground to work on vehickes, and doing various chores around the house. Never is there a concern about any problems with that slightly cocked hammer being cocked by the trigger enough to fire.
I would be much more concerned about carrying a rock in my pocket for self defense. An gun with an empty chamber being an unloaded gun, and an unloaded gun being a rock if you need it for SD.

stinkeypete

There are two kinds of cyclists- those who have crashed and those who are going to crash.

Consider that you might be hitting the pavement at 15mph and whatever you have in a pocket may take a real beating, not to mention the anything in your pocket is gonna beat on you harder than the asphalt.

Wear a helmet, always wear gloves. Road rash on your hands is brutally painful and a long heal.

doctor j

When I was heavily into road cycling (tight shorts, loud jersey, dorky helmet, drop handle bars etc.), I carried my LCP with a round chambered, in a pocket holster, in my right rear jersey pocket, and the pocket holster was in a zip lock bag. Was it immediately available in a hurry? No, but at least I wasn't defenseless.

I rode this way for thousands of miles. The mathematical average of all my rides was 31 miles. In 31 miles, a road cyclist generates lots of sweat, summer or winter, hence the zip lock bag.

With my LCP carried in the manner described, I had no issues at all, and in 62,000 total miles on the road, fortunately, never needed to use the LCP.

Hal

Was it immediately available in a hurry? No, but at least I wasn't defenseless.
That's more or less my position.
99.99% of my riding takes place on a bike/hike trail. It's usually pretty heavily populated & runs through (about 90% plus) pretty upscale neighborhoods.
Still - I hate to be in a position of needing and not having access to.

Check out the Bug Bite calf holster.
I have & love my ankle holster. More so because I canstick my Sig 938(9mm) in it instead of my (380)LCP.
Aknle carry on the bike is too clumsy though & as I mentioned - the trails I ride are pretty heavily populated. Since I always ride wearing cargo shorts - ankle carry amounts to open carry.
Even though open carry is legal - it draws way to many hassles.

Mosin44az

I wouldn’t have any concerns about carrying an original LCP as you describe. It basically has a fairly heavy, DAO trigger. LCP II might be a bit more of a concern.

Carmady

I think you'll be fine carrying it in a front pants pocket. A couple of months ago I switched from carrying my LCP AIWB in a kydex holster to the rear right pants pocket in a similar holster to what you're using. The only problem I've had was the mag backed out once, probably from sitting on it a certain way. No way would I carry it with an empty chamber.

dgang

I also have the original LCP, with extended mag and CT laser. It weighs about 11.5 oz. I have carried in every conceivable mode, from in any one of many pockets in pants, shirts, vest, coats, bicycle bag, etc. With its long, fairly heavy pull I think you would have to work hard for a negligent discharge, such as putting your finger around the trigger and yanking it hard from your waistband. In all other cases it would be as safe as a revolver in double action. Love that little pocket rocket.

Jessop

Kydex trigger guard holster for LCP on Amazon . $15 , free shipping , lifetime warranty . As close as you will get to condition 3 for safety . Trigger is accessed away from your body . Videos are online for proper deployment.

Jessop

The LCP trigger guard holster is also on Ebay for $10.50 . I have a MIC and various knockoffs . They all work .