Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Nodak1858

I've never heard of it before. But the more I look at it the more I am feeling like I need one. Where did you find ? What kind of money do they run, I would guess a pretty penny.

Warhammer

Beautiful pistol! I would love to pick one up, but $5000 is more than I want to pay for a single handgun. I hope that some of the Alien's features make their way into more affordable guns.

bac1023

Yes, they were $5000 plus tax and shipping. However, some people are flipping them on Gunbroker for much, much more.

ghbucky

Wow, that's some pretty exciting stuff!

I wonder how that will come into play in competitions? Go into unlimited classes?

Jim Watson

I wonder how that will come into play in competitions? Go into unlimited classes?

The only things I know of that the Alien is competitive at are IPSC Production and IDPA ESP.

I don't know whether NROI can squint hard enough to say it meets USPSA Production specs.

I don't know just what you mean by "unlimited classes."
Certainly not USPSA or IPSC Open.

Last edited:

BourbonCowboy

That's one fine pistol. But if I decided to drop that much cabbage on a handgun, it would be a Cabot 1911 - because I'm a lefty, and I've always wanted a 1911.

Shadow9mm

Not really my style personally and way out of my price range. Really cool gun, but not being a pro shooter I doubt it would really benefit me in any way other than cool factor.... I will stick with my G19....

Jim Watson

There was a rumor that the designers would really like to license the design to a large gun company like they did with the CZ Scorpion EVO.

That should bring the price down, but would also likely give up some of the Old World Craftsmanship that bac prizes. Not that an Alien of TSO quality would be a bad thing, if priced accordingly.

bac1023

Seems like a lot of money for a 9mm Luger, though I do note it comes with several built in cheese graters!!

All jokes aside, 9mm pistols have proven to be the most valuable semi autos. Most high end pistols that have gone through the roof in value and price are 9mm.

Actually nothing else really comes close.

bac1023

Not really my style personally and way out of my price range. Really cool gun, but not being a pro shooter I doubt it would really benefit me in any way other than cool factor.... I will stick with my G19....

You sure don’t need to be a professional shooter to reap the benefits of a gun like the Alien and unless you’re blind you’ll shoot it better than a G19.

TunnelRat

You sure don’t need to be a professional shooter to reap the benefits of a gun like the Alien and unless you’re blind you’ll shoot it better than a G19.

Shoot it better how though? Anything I’ve seen on this is more about speed and recoil (which is certainly important for competition and timed events) than accuracy. It’s no doubt accurate, but most production pistols can do 2-3” at 25 yd. While there are absolutely shooters that can do that while standing, my experience is it is not remotely common. The trigger on the Laugo looks excellent, but even stock triggers can allow good shooting.

Let’s be realistic, this is a luxury pistol like a luxury automobile. If you have the money and you want to appreciate the finer things more power to you. If all you’re worried about is commuting to work you may be fine with a basic daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: