Korth is here . . .

KyJim

Nighthawk and Korth team up and enter the American revolver market -- http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/korth. Models include the Mongoose which appears to be the same as the National Standard, the Sky Hawk which appears to be the Sky Marshal and the Super Sport which appears to be the same as ... well, the Super Sport. http://www.korth-waffen.de/en/models.html. Supposedly, Nighthawk may have some revolvers at the NRA meeting in Louisville this upcoming week.

I'll have to say that a three inch 9mm which doesn't require moonclips appeals to me, but I just find it difficult to wrap my mind around such an ugly gun as the Sky Hawk. I like the looks of the Mongoose but find it hard to wrap my mind around the price -- $3,400! Yet, that's in the ballpark for some of the high end 1911s.

barnbwt

Well I'll be damned; someone finally out-railed the TRR8 and 6" Chiappa Rhino --bravo.

Super-Sport-2.png

What happened to the Sky Marshall being under 1000$? Should've known...

TCB

Venom1956

pretty sure korths were quite a bit less before this 'team up' harder to find sure but i dont think they were approaching 4k.

Can u still get normal korths without nighthawks stamp (and cost less;)) on the side? the Korth stamp is the only one their gun needs imho.

KyJim

I can't answer your question. I do know that, with the right dealer, you can buy Nighthawk 1911s at below MSRP. Whether that will be true of the revolver, I don't know.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Will there be a range report or review? Is Korth really worth that much more and if so, what makes it so much better?

Jim (non-Korth owner)

Venom1956

maybe i was thinking about the Manurhin MR 73 prices? I cant remember. I'd have to handle one before i'd drop 3k on one. not huge on the rail but im a sucker for PPC style guns.

BigJimP

I like the super sport - but i'm not crazy about night hawk's involvement....in my view it diminish's the korth brand.....but we'll see....

I've been considering a korth for several months - but have been reluctant to make an order when I have not been able to hold and inspect one of their revolvers at this point...

Wyosmith

Korth is here...............and at that price it's a good place for them to stay.
:)

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd rather have an N-frame S&W or a Ruger GP100

Korth has a smooth double action trigger pull and this may be attributed to the roller bearing they put on the end of the sear. The roller means that the pressure curve is gradual and smooth and doesn't have spikes (like a Ruger does).

KyJim

There's an interesting YouTube video on whether a Korth is worth the price from a Korth owner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZwhrxokGA. According to him, it's worth it if you have a lot of extra cash but not for most of us. While a fine revolver, there are older Colts and S&Ws (with action jobs) that shoot just as well and have a trigger just as smooth.

BigJimP said:
I like the super sport - but i'm not crazy about night hawk's involvement....in my view it diminish's the korth brand. . .
Other than increased availability might diminish the value, I don't necessarily agree. I bought a Nighthawk 1911 a while back and it is a fantastic pistol and I have guns from Baer, Brown, and Wilson for comparison purposes. Obviously, a revolver is different than a 1911 but I'm convinced NH can make/assemble a top quality revolver with assistance from Korth.

Skans

While I do really want a Korth .357, these simply aren't Korths. I don't know what else to say, but I'm not interested.

BigJimP

I have guns from Wilson, one Brown and one Baer as well.../ with the poorest gun of the group coming from Baer...( and I've fired a number of Nighthawks..) ...

...and I wouldn't even trade the Baer for a Nighthawk...
--------------
I wouldn't buy a Korth with a Nighthawk logo on it..

Venom1956

While I do really want a Korth .357, these simply aren't Korths. I don't know what else to say, but I'm not interested.

You mean as in style and looks compared to the classic korth looks or are these actually not as nice as regular korths? Just curious.

I am really surprised and sad the 'mongoose' -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- is that name?! Or national standard (regular name) cant be gotten with the old blued finish. which was amazing.

Korth has a smooth double action trigger pull and this may be attributed to the roller bearing they put on the end of the sear.
That's an interesting idea. I didn't know they did that.

I had the chance to shoot one a few years ago. The DA pull was smooth, but not $2700 smoother than a S&W K-Frame.