Knives. What do you cary?

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Benchmade makes neat stuff and they also sponsor Team Quest and Randy Couture. So if you've ever enjoyed watching Randy Couture, Matt Lindland, Chael Sonnen, Nate Quarry, Chris Leben . . . those beatings were brought to you in part by Benchmade.

gfen

Lotsa fancy knives here, but I carry a 10 year old Victorinox brand Swiss Army "Engineer" knife everywhere I go.

Wow, it would appear they no longer make this model, either. Which is sad, becuase it has the phillips head screw driver in it. Wow, NONE of them have a phillips in them, anymore. Lame. Really now, who needs a cork screw when we have fortifed wine with screw-off caps?!

Anyways, there you go. It cuts. It unscrews. It rescrews. It punches leather. It picks teeth. Its the Swiss Army Knife.

Charles S

Mostly a Spderco Miliatary, but more recently I find myself carrying the Waved Delica by Spyderco.

I really like the Benchmade Presidio.

rangermonroe,

That is a neat knife. Not one I would use, but I really like it. I bet you hope you never have to use it!

rangermonroe

That is a neat knife. Not one I would use, but I really like it.

Realistically, it is a fighting knife, not a work knife. For daily pocket carry I have a Benchmade folder. It is a working knife.

The Infidel is for dressed up, special occasions. Like weddings, family reunions and such. And church.

Don't use it for a toothpick.

As far a recommending, probably not. I have several handguns that cost less and are far more useful. But, damn this thing is sexy. And it pisses off CAIR.

IZHUMINTER

I've carried a Benchmade 942 (Warren Osborne Axis lock) every day since my birthday in 2001. I had commissioned a custom knife from Mr. Osborne but had to cancel the order when I moved; I thought the production knife would make an acceptable substitute and I was right. It's been to Korea, Iraq and many field exercises, and while the coating is pretty dinged up the knife is still going strong.

I also usually have a Victorinox Rambler in my pocket. It's much more capable of delicate work than the Benchmade.

Unless I'm in a suit I have a Victorinox SwissTool on my belt. I've purchased or been issued over a dozen Leatherman and Gerber Multi-Tools but all of them have broken. On a deployment to Kuwait back in 2000, every last multi-tool in the company broke except for my buddy's SwissTool: I bought one at the PX the first chance I got and it has never failed me. For what it's worth, it's the same multi-tool used by Les Stroud on the show Survivorman.

For times when I can't carry concealed (like, oh, pretty much all the time here in Maryland) I keep a HideAway knife on my belt. It's small and nondescript, wickedly sharp and amazingly handy.

In colder weather I usually have a knife in an outer pocket of my jacket or on a lanyard around my neck (either my old faithful Boy Scout model Victorinox Huntsman, a Spyderco Kiwi or a Cold Steel Spike), since they're much easier to get to than one under layers of clothing.

Last edited:

IZHUMINTER

Benchmade "Infidel" :D

That's a really sweet knife. When I went to the Benchmade booth at last year's AUSA show, it was the one knife that was never on the table (though it probably helped that they only had one for us to play with ;) ).

mgdavis

SOG Spec-Elite II. It has the smoothest lock I've ever used. I have a Pentagon-Elite II also, but it hasn't seen much pocket time recently. I much prefer the more traditional blade on the Spec-Elite. I also rather like my Spyderco Endura.

Bill DeShivs

I carry a SOG Flash 1. Mine has been converted to auto, but if that were a problem I would still carry an unconverted one. It's small, inexpensive, and has good steel. I have ummm.... quite a few knives to choose from, so this is a heavy endorsement from me.
Bill

buck460XVR

for over 25 years I have carried the same knife in my pocket. A Buck Cadet. At only 3 1/4 inches long it fits well into my pocket and altho many think it's too small, I've used it for everything from sharpening my pencils at work to skinnin' deer in the garage. It is the only blade I use while skinning deer including removing the legs. Its been sharpened so many times that the blades look a little funny, but most of the time all it needs to bring it back to a near razor edge is a few strokes on a good steel. It was lost once for over a year and I tried several different knives during that time to replace it, but when I found it laying in the middle of the front yard where it had fallen out of my pocket during a football game with my son a year before, the others were quickly put away and my "lucky knife" went back in my pocket.

Check em out........Buck Cadet

stuckon308

I carry a Winchester folding knife that my brother got me for Christmas. I wouldn't want anything else for a pocket knife.

Attachments

• G7173.JPG
    G7173.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 58

bennnn

Not exactly my Grandpa's pocket knife, but it's what I carry at work and play everyday....
workknife001md9.jpg

omnibus1967

in folders i carry a spyderco endura or a delica, depending on my mood.

in fixed, i carry a Gene Ingram with a 3" blade. Gene makes some awesome knives for a very reasonable cost.

Abby

Benchmade auto stryker.

Thank you, US Army, for buying it for me.

Thank you, State of Florida, for not minding that I carry it around.

:D

Last edited:

NINE

Got it at SIR. The assisted opening is awesome. Had it for over a year, still smooth as silk. :D

Last edited:

RedneckFur

I carry the next smaller version of yours as my every day knife, NINE. I've also had mine more than a year, and it still opens well.

I like the looks of that Tempest ATS-34. got a little beefier blade on 'er. I'm going to look into finding one myself.