Kimber 45ACP I'm SHOCKED!

Hammerhead

I did have a MIM sear break on a S&W 952 once.

My year old Kimber Stainless Target II 9mm came with a steel MSH.

Super accurate gun at 50 yards, feeds all my handloads, SWC, XTP, TMJ, TC, etc...
Doing my best distance shooting in years. Even managed to ring the 8" plates at 100 yards a few times.

No broken parts so far, but I did replace the extractor and firing pin stop to help target loads eject better. I smoothed up some of the internals, but left the sear and hammer alone. Trigger is really sweet.

The Swartz safety parts in the slide and frame are gone.

I feel like I just can't miss with this thing.

CarJunkieLS1

My mainspring housing in the Kimber Stainless ii I bought a few months ago, is just as it came from the factory, except for the grips, and it's not a plastic MSH it's for sure a metal one.

larryf1952

I bought my first Kimber in 1998. At the time, it was the most expensive handgun that I had ever bought. It shot to point of aim with excellent accuracy, and it had a great trigger. It was tight and looked like a really quality handgun. I was proud to own it, as I still am. I never had to change a thing, except for the grips.

A couple of years ago, I bought a new Custom II 2-tone. It matched the old Kimber for shootability and quality in every way. Both guns have never let me down. I put 700 rounds through the old Kimber a couple of months ago without stopping to clean it along the way. I had a few failures to feed with the original mag, but I ordered a new Wilson 47 and everything was A-OK.

Kimber had a rough patch in there with the external extractors, no doubt about it. But, I think that they're back on track and are making excellent guns these days. My Kimber Classic Stainless LE:

vtTUFFh.jpg

Charlie98

I bought my first Kimber in 1998. At the time, it was the most expensive handgun that I had ever bought.

I bought my Pro Eclipse II in 2003 (I think...) for $1100 out the door, it was the most expensive firearm I had ever bought, even more than my $800 Colt H-Bar, and I had a moment of pause to consider my mental stability. First 2 or 3 magazines down the tube fixed all that. I had gone in to buy a box-stock Springfield, with plans to modify it as I went along; seeing the Kimber, my brother, the voice of reason, said "Well, that pistol has everything you want on it already, why don't you just get that and be done with it?" So I did...

CarJunkieLS1

I agree with all you guys, my Kimber isn't the most "custom" model they offer it's basically the bottom tier most basic one they offer. I couldn't be more pleased or happier with it. I compared it to the Colts and Springfields the LGS had and this pistol just seemed nicer and more quality than the same price range Springfiled and Colt.