Kimber 1911 TLE ULTRA 2 Feed issues

BornFighting88

So FWIW I called the company that made the magazine I was having trouble with, and they are aware of the issue, as the thickness of the wire to make the magazine spring was too small and had too much compliance.

They have stocked thicker and stronger springs and they are sending me one. Customer service with them is great!!!!

On another note, I am a huge fan of a company in Venice, FL called Fusion Firearms. They make a replacement recoil spring assembly for $52 plus tax and shipping. Both of my 1911’s have exclusively Fusion aftermarket or replacement parts in them.

Rinspeed

Aguila Blanca said:
Several years ago a friend of mine was reviewing a Kimber. It wouldn't feed even four consecutive rounds. He took it to a friend of his who is a master pistolsmith. That gentleman dug out some .45 ACP GO NOGO gauges, and discovered that the chamber was reamed so tight that it would not allow a SAAMI maximum gauge to even enter the chamber.

Get some casting compound, make a cast of your chamber, and measure it.

Kimber has a long history of sending pistols out with overly tight chambers. Sadly they also have a long history of not being able to fix them when they come back for service.

BornFighting88

So I have noticed something about my CDP II is that the ramp isn’t very well polished and it is leading to some hang ups.

Even with factory magazine, which clearly loads better, I still get some bit of hanging up and need to tap the back of the slide to get it to chamber that first round.

I am also going to look into a different ammo and try snap caps to see what else I can deduce.

Logs

UPDATE 5/10/22 New Spring Kit

Spring Kit arrived yesterday so I cleaned the weapon and lubed the moving parts really good with some white grease.

Loaded the Kimber , Chip McCormick and GI magazines.

First shot 7 rounds of brass ball with Kimber mag. Zero issues

Second shot 7 rounds of CM mag. Zero issues.

Third GI mag with brass round and then Aluminum round. One brass round just missed going into the chamber.

Fourth mag Kimber magazine and had 5th round not go all the way in the barrel.

Fifth mag Chip M ran all 7 rounds no issues.

Still don't feel this will be my "Carry" gun, but at least it is doing better than last week. It fed all the aluminum case, but still have a few issues with the brass rounds not going all the way into the barrel.

XDlxs3Rl.jpg

FV2prYHl.jpg

Chip M silver on left and factory Kimber on Right side.

Z4D5Uqkl.jpg

BornFighting88

I think I read in one of the existing comments that Kimber has a habit of reaming the chambers to the lower limit of the tolerance, and this can cause anything that is just the little bit too big to be a problem.