Keltec P-32 who carries one how much have you shot it?

willr

Correction, please. My Kel-Tec P-32 does have a slide lock to hold open after a last round. The .380 model doesn't, as I understand it, nor does the Ruger LCP.

willr

dogngun

Had one several years ago, and had no problems with it. I now carry another, larger .32 much of the time, an FEG. I like the larger sight radius, longer barrel for more velocity,and it is more comfortable to shoot and very accurate and reliable. I use S&B FMJ ammo for carry for better penetration and reliability, and because S&B loads it to about 177 ft/lbs, pretty good for a .32.

mark

Keltyke

My Kel-Tec P-32 does have a slide lock

Ah, thank you. It must be a newer model than my wife's. My wife's DOES have a slide lock, but it doesn't operate after the last round, but is only manually activated.

Adventurer 2

I've had a kel-Tec 32 since it first came out. I periodically clean my firearms even if they haven't been shot. I never had a malfunction until this year. I have had two malfunctions with Federal hollow point ammo. The 32 was not dirty or dry. I keep it loaded with ball ammo now. I don't know how many rounds have been through it (quite a few). I don't carry it nearly as much as I used to.

flyby

Keltyke said:
It must be a newer model than my wife's. My wife's DOES have a slide lock, but it doesn't operate after the last round, but is only manually activated.
There have always been automatic last round slide-locks on the p32.

The locks can be sticky on the p32's ..try shooting a little penetrating oil(e.g. wd40) directly in the lock for a while and working it in to see if it starts operating on its own.
Mine was sticky and intermittent for a while at first until I did this ..now it locks back reliably after the last shot.

..a new mag spring may also help

Keltyke

My apologies, "flyby" and "Bill". My wife tells me it does indeed have an automatic slide lock. However, it sometimes doesn't work when using cheap (read weak) ammo.

Mokanracer

Auto slide lock

Do the Seecamp,Rugger LCP or any of the other 32 and 380,s have a slide lock? Is the 32 easier to rack the slide than the P3AT? I,m not giving up :)

flyby

Do the Seecamp,Rugger LCP or any of the other 32 and 380,s have a slide lock?
Automatic last round slide locks are not common in pistols of this size/weight pocket class ..is one of the things that sets the P32 apart from the others.

The LCP has a manual only slide lock ..don't know why they didn't just go all the way and give it an automatic one ..since they seemed to have wanted to step on another manufacturers toes anyway :)

Is the 32 easier to rack the slide than the P3AT? I,m not giving up
yes ..somewhat

Stevie-Ray

My P32 is my always gun. It has only a few hundred rounds through it and has never failed. Not, of course, the most accurate piece, but adequate for what it is.

powwowell

My thoughts

1st thought. MasterBlaster is quite a marksman with a P-32. Damn!

2nd thought. The P-32 is the cats meow for pocket carry. Much more comfortable to shoot than the P-3AT. No competition from other .32s. Period.

3rd. I have a 1st generation P-32 that I bought used. It appeared to be very well used. Never a problem. I like it so well, I bought a new 2nd generation. I recently put a Crimson Trace on it. Fantastic. In my pocket every day.

4th. Both of my pistols have a slide hold open device, that works after the last shot. It is activated by the mag follower. Lower the mag, then pull back on the slide and it will close.

5th. I use WWB or UMC FMJs in my pistols. While reading several ballistic test results, it seems to me that the P-32 doesn't have enough velocity for hollow points to perform adequately. I'll take the penetration of the FMJs.

6th. I'm comfortable with the lethality of the .32 round, at the defense range that the P-32 was designed for.

7th. The P-3AT was an offshoot of the P-32. The grip is a tad different. The mag holds 6 rounds versus 7, for the P-32. To conserve weight the P-3AT was designed without the last round hold open.

8th. The LCP is comparable to the P-3AT. It is a copy. Neither have last round hold open. They are .380 caliber pistols.

This is about the most thoughts that I'm capable of expressing after 9 at night.

Larry

Dog Confetti

I have both the .32 and .380. I can feel very little difference when firing either of them, although the .32 has a smoother slide (it also has more rounds through it, ~300). They are both difficult to shoot well, but if you take the time to get the feel of them they can both be used fairly accurately at 15m without much difficulty.

I've had 1 or 2 malfunctions with the .32 (using both steel and brass cased ammo), but I can't remember what type. I've had horrible problems using bi-metal cases in the .380 (the extractor tears off the rim almost every time), but no problems with brass cased ammo.

The factory belt clip is my preffered method of carry.

Good guns for what they are, and I carry the .32 often. Some of the 10 rounds mags are unusable garbage though.

flyby

my p32 will easily shoot 3-4" groups offhand @ 7yrds ..pretty darn good for a little pocketgun like this ..iffin's ya ask me ;)
..though mine does have an 'over travel stop' installed..and painted sights :)

Stevie-Ray

my p32 will easily shoot 3-4" groups offhand @ 7yrds ..pretty darn good for a little pocketgun like this ..iffin's ya ask me
That's about the same for me. I suppose I would be better with it if I got used to the rudimentary sights and shot it a lot more, but it's not sold as a target piece, so I don't expect it to be.

flyby

I doubt anyone would mistake this for a target gun :)
But 2" groups are pretty doable @ 10yds slow careful fire with the trigger stop and painted sights ..but one can very rapidly "dump" the mag into a 3-5" circle at defensive ranges with the p32(even with hot ammo) ..something that is Not as quick and easy to do with the .380 version.