Kel Tec 2000sub v Beretta CX4 Storm

rx2vier

my brother has the storm in 40 and i do like it.i love the way it feels good weight and size but the price is is outragous he paid over $600 for it but i wanted a carbine so i brought the hi point 9mm carbine and i honestly like it better then the storm . true the hipoint is ugly but i say ugly cool! and i paid way less ($200 brand new with 3 mags -a sling and a magazine pouch that fits the butt of the rifle)and will get better customer service from hipoint and it has a lifetime warranty no questions asked. i hear a lot of people trash highpoint but i never heard anyone trash thier carbines they really are a good deal
rob in pa

Mikeyboy

Rob...if all else fails I'm considering a highpoint too. Sorry you Sub2000 fans, I had one in my hands today and I did not like it. I think I'm too big for the thing. I'm 6' 3" with long arms and I could not look down the sight right. Stock needs to be 6 inches longer for me. Also resting your check on a tube is just weird. Other than that it is a cool looking gun.

Te Anau

Back about 2 weeks ago you mentioned the Master Piece Arms pistols and everyone else on the thread started being sarcastic and making fun. Not me! I was curious so, I looked it up on the net and I thought it looked very cool as well. I bought one! I bought the MPA .45 Defender, picked it up from my FFL yesterday and shot it for the first time today. I put 150 rds through it at the range with 4 FTE's/stovepipes but not a big deal. It was even pretty damned accurate, believe it or not. It is heavy, but shooting it is comfortable with very little felt recoil. And it certainly raised some eyebrows, all the guys at the range asked about it! Let the other guys on the forum laugh all they want, the MPA is a lot of fun!
Good job! I have the MPA-10T (full size,top cocker .45acp) and mine has been flawless from round one using 230gr Wolf FMJ.If you were breaking in using WWB,thats why you had stovepipes--not a good ammo to break in a gun IMHO.It is amazingly accurate and definitely gets the looks.:cool: Heres mine next to my S&W 4506,two of the coolest .45acp's money can buy.

Attachments

• MPA-10 .45acp.jpg
    MPA-10 .45acp.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 81

BADMAN400

Update on the MPA .45...

Te, I just talked to MPA on the phone about the FTE/stovepipe issue. He said they'd had a slight problem with the .45's ejected casing hitting the front of the ejection port window on the way out, causing an occasional stovepipe. They have addressed the problem and made adjustments to the port window and the bolt. Gary, the gunsmith at MPA, told me he would send a brand new improved upper to me. Also I talked to Dara, the secretary, and I may get another 30-rd. mag for my trouble. All-in-all, even with slight problems, the gun is a scream to shoot and customer service has been fast, & friendly. That's what it's all about. +1 for MPA. :)

BADMAN400

Go to imageshack.us to learn how to post the way I did. How do you post the way you do, with the small link? :confused: I need to learn as well.

BADMAN400

Hey Mikey...

Mikey I know what you mean. I'm a pretty big guy also and I felt the same way when I first held and shot the S2K. But, today I received the stock spacer ($16) from Kel-Tec in the mail, snapped it on and it makes a world of difference on how the gun feels, and still allows for the rifle to fold. They even sent me a new manual and an extra key that locks it into the folded position for transport. :D

BADMAN400

tryin it your way...

Here goes, let's see if I got a pic on your way Te.
pic failed to load? :(

Last edited:

Mikeyboy

Bad...I seen that spacer on their website...yea I think I'm reconsidering. I checked out Kel Tec owners website, seen some photo and I think I'm digging the sub2K again. Went back to the gunstore today at lunch (nothing else better to do), I held it again and visualized another inch in there and I think the spacer would be perfect. I seen a Highpoint...sorry guys I can't do it. I think it would work great, but man is it ugly. If I had my own land to shoot on, I would buy one, but I go to a indoor range with a lot of gun snobs. Its like taking the fat, ugly chick to the prom. Plus the 10 round clips (or the 15 round pro-mags) are bumming me out about the Hightpoint, my PT-92 carries 17 rounds. For an extra $100 I can get the Kel Tec and get 30 round Mags. You guys got your Defenders, I need "High Capacity" too. Ohh my gosh I'm turning into one of those tactical nuts.

BADMAN400

Be American!

Yes I like to buy American when I can, but part of being an American is having the freedom to have it all! So buy them all! :D I have one of each and now it's just a matter of affording enough ammo...lol. Anyway they're all fun! So shoot every gun you can, buy every gun you want, and have lots of fun! That's the American way! I should be able to get all three of the .40 carbines to the range sometime next week, can't wait to see the results. Gonna have to buy some of those "High-Vis" neon orange targets so I can see out 100 yds though. :cool: