keeping notes

markr6754

I've started using the Reloader's Workshop program. It doesn't help with notes at the range, but it's vastly improved my loading bench routine. It has capabilities that I haven't begun to explore...being chronographically challenged as I am, but I'm slowly getting used to it.
Some may find it useful.

rg1

Having loaded for 30 plus years, using bullets no longer available and powders that have changed by companies long out of business, my most prized data is the data in and on my reloaded ammo containers. Most ammo is stored in 30 cal ammo cans with some stored in original factory boxes. I write the caliber and bullet on the outside of the can on every side and top with magic markers or paint pens. Inside on tape under the lid I put date, powder and charge, primer used, brass whether new or once fired, oal and specific bullet, and sometimes chrono data.. I also usually add a card with the same info. I do keep a notebook with loads and chrono data. However like you I have tons of data in my notebook and much of the info is irrelevant and out of date. With info on my cans and boxes I can quickly without a hassle see my data and it goes to the range with me. Notebooks or computer programs are good but having data with my reloads is more practical. I do have loaded ammo back from the 80’s and 90’s and all data is on and in my containers.