Kahr reliability

tlm225

Best wishes on the K9. Since my earlier post in this thread (#23) I bought a K40. So far it's been 100% reliable and a pleasure to shoot/carry.

BerettaBuckeye

Edward5759 said:
Any handgun that has a required break in is just using the public to do their quality control for them.

Most smaller semi-auto pistols do require a break-in period. Many 1911's as well. Kahr is just the only one ( that I'm aware of ) that readily admits it.

Sturmgewehre

I have several Kahr pistols and they've all been 100% reliable. I just bought another one this week, a CM9, and it too has been failure free since round 1.

Here's a review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKXNDstG0R8

I've never had to do a break in on my Kahrs and won't keep a pistol that requires such a practice. It tells me the pistol wasn't manufactured properly... And when it does start working, it's just barely working.

I've had great luck with Kahr pistols.

Billy Shears

Sturmgewehre,

Excellent review. Very well done and informative.

I've been toting around a CW9 for a couple years now and found it to be nearly ideal for most of my ccw needs as well as completely reliable with no need for any "break in" period. It's good to see others are having positive experiences with their Kahr's as well.

Thanks again for that video review.

bikerbill

I've had my PM9 longer than your criteria -- I got it in '04 when I got my license -- and it has been perfect since the day I bought it ... probably 500 rds through, ball and JHP, no failures, very accurate at SD distances ... IMHO, the perfect carry gun ...

sliponby

Count me as a Kahr fan. I've had my PM9 almost 2 years and I trust it as much as my G26. It's like the slim 9 that Glock won't make.

saltydog452

We have two Kahrs, a K-9 and a P-9.

They travel well.

Both are reliable with every 115 grain bullet tried. Exception was the all copper bullets. Regular 115s, including the short Cor-Bon JHP and 115 ball (it does exist) all have so far worked just dandy.

A little was all I could afford, but I won't fool around with the all copper JHPs any more.

With 124 grain, the only stuff thats been tried is Double Tap and 124 Ball. They feed and function as designed.

You might want to pay attention to the weld seam on the back of the mags.
Out of the eight mags that we have, two are beginning to seperate.

For a non JMB designed pistola, these two are good stuff.

salty

JCP281

We have two Kahrs, a K-9 and a P-9.

They travel well.

Both are reliable with every 115 grain bullet tried. Exception was the all copper bullets. Regular 115s, including the short Cor-Bon JHP and 115 ball (it does exist) all have so far worked just dandy.

A little was all I could afford, but I won't fool around with the all copper JHPs any more.

With 124 grain, the only stuff thats been tried is Double Tap and 124 Ball. They feed and function as designed.

You might want to pay attention to the weld seam on the back of the mags.
Out of the eight mags that we have, two are beginning to seperate.

For a non JMB designed pistola, these two are good stuff.

salty

I noticed this on my CW mag as well(the weld seem). Kind of irritates me that you pay 40 bucks for a mag that has a crappy weld.

saltydog452

Kahr did replace. Outbound freight to them was on my dime.

With a bit of preliminary e-mailing, a 'phone call, and a reference name, it was smooth and timely.

The 'spread' had not traveled to the release point on the mag lips. The mags were still reliable.

Still, it wasn't right and it was taken care of in fine order.

salty

kahrdriver11

CW9

My CW9 was purchased last summer and I've fired it approximately 350 times (multiple shooters, ranging from first-timers to experienced) with everything from the cheapest target ammo to higher end JHP's and never had a single problem. No FTF, FTE, nada. I realize it's still a "young" pistol but I carry it with confidence. Good gun. I recommend!

littleman

I've had a CW45, a P9, and now a PM9. No problems with any of them, although both magazines for my PM9 look like after thoughts, done on Friday 30 minutes before quitting time. The 6 rounder does not sit exactly flush, and the floorplate extension on the 7 rounder looks like a bad joke.