Kahr P380 vs Ruger LCP vs Ruger LCP II vs Sig P238

Mosin44az

I vote for the regular LCP Gen 2 as the most reliable.

My P380 was infuriating, ALMOST reliable as I tested and tested and tested different ammo loads to see what would work. After 1000 rounds (!) AND a trip back to Kahr, I gave up. Kahr's original design (K9) was a good one; none of the three shorter-barrel ones I have owned has been trustworthy. I won't buy this brand any more. Superificially appealing in the trigger, accuracy, and recoil control, and apparent quality. They build them too tight and clearly do NOT emphasize functional reliability.

I would ask if your wife is comfortable and competent with a single action CCW. Also neither of my P238s was fully reliable either. Finicky about what they would run.

LCPs are reliable, and for CCW I would rather have the longer hammer travel of the Gen 2.

FrankenMauser

LCPs are reliable, and for CCW I would rather have the longer hammer travel of the Gen 2.
I would agree that the LCPs are reliable, but I've seen at least two women that can't get one (neither mine nor my father's) to run for more than 2-3 rounds at a time. They either limp-wrist it, or grip it too low. ...Doesn't result in reliable cycling, under those circumstances; and it's not even a high-stress situation. That's just casual plinking or range testing.
It's not the pistol's fault, but definitely something to consider, since the same women have no problem with a P238. (One also had problems with the Kahr P380, and the other didn't like it. Neither, as far as I know, has handled the Glunk.)

bassJAM1

I do not understand why people make claims about the accuracy of pocket guns. They are not made to be accurate a longer distances. They are close quarter spitting breathe type of guns. All of the guns on the list are going to hit center mass at 5 yards and under if you do your part. If you are not getting that kind of accuracy it is the Indian not the arrow.

If you want an accurate small gun I always recommend a 640 J frame but they are not really pocket guns, I can't hind them in jeans, because of the cylinder IMHO.

I make that claim on accuracy, because my other pocket gun is a 442 j-frame which I can shoot worlds better than my LCP. Either does fine at 5 yards and under, but the j-frame much more so. I can even shoot my minuscule little NNA .22 better than my LCP.

IDbound

WVsig: My error. Yes I am a guy and forgot that a woman's typical clothing might make it more difficult to conceal a 42. Just know my daughter also handles the Glock better than the Sig 238. I could be our large paws!

WVsig

WVsig: My error. Yes I am a guy and forgot that a woman's typical clothing might make it more difficult to conceal a 42. Just know my daughter also handles the Glock better than the Sig 238. I could be our large paws!
Yeah she could definitively conceal a Glock 42 in a IWB tuckable holster but this particular gun choice is for pocket carry. There are times that IWB will not be practical. If she carries IWB she will most likely be carrying a subcompact 9mm which we have a few of.

Carmady

The Beretta Pico is the thinnest and flattest afaik. The recoil is mild/manageable, nothing like a LCP. The sights are better than those on many on larger pistols. It' also has repeated strike capability. It's the most reliable pistol I've ever used, over 300 rounds and ZERO FTAnything. I'd guess the biggest downside would be racking the slide, but she could carry it 6+1, and change mags after firing 6 without having to work the slide.