Kahr 'gen2' Thoughts?

Skans

We don't ding people in America because of whatever their father may or may not have been.

I'm on board with that - the guy's company makes good quality guns. I'm not a huge fan of their designs, but I did recently purchase an older K9, and it is a great little 9mm for a DAO. Good quality....good stuff.

Gunkooker55

I carry a CM9 love it. Size is perfect. Tho trigger is long pull I wouldn't want to have to shoot it fast 1 handed because the long trigger pull. I am interested in the new Gen 2 but I don't know if it will be offered in a ccw size. I'm kinda wondering price. If the price is more then the PM9 then it won't be worth it.

PSP

The Kahr's weak link in the design is the magazine, not so much the trigger or slide release. As a "race gun", I wonder how people will carry extra mags that don't shed rounds?

Do they shed rounds when carried in any sort of reasonable carrier? My understanding is they shed rounds when carried in the pocket. Even then I have had no problems.

My T9 is an absolutely marvelous gun that I have never found a use for, but it is so marvelous I won't sell it anyways.

It fits my hand ten times better than any other centerfire I have ever held.
It is ridiculously accurate.
The DA trigger is long and heavy, but I love it.

Mobuck

A relative brought me a Kahr to test fire. He couldn't get it to hit anywhere close to POA. Worst trigger I've EVER handled. I wouldn't carry one if it was free.

smokehouse4444

Yeah...that Gen 2 doesn't interest me much. That's not why I buy a Kahr.

Statements like the one above always baffle me, though. I suppose every manufacturer makes a lemon, but I've owned three and I've handled several others that friends owned. The only problem I have ever had was with the original CW9 and I was not informed about the 200 round break in. I shot the crud out of that thing, and then there were no more problems...ever. I traded that in for the CM9 that I currently carry, which I took to the range and fired without even cleaning it. That CM9 has not one time, ever, had any malfunction of any kind. I can sit it on a rest and it hits POA everytime. The trigger is long, but smooth as silk. Fantastic. Sorry for those who have had problems.

I've never seen or handled the Gen 2, but I love the standard Kahr trigger. I like that long, smooth trigger; that's the exact combination I want in a carry gun, especially without a safety.