Kahr 'gen2' Thoughts?

JERRYS.

so they built a race gun, everyone else has one too. this is just another option for those that want race guns. nothing wrong with that.

Dashunde

And now it has a dingus on the trigger and STILL has that big blocky slide release that adds nearly 3/16" to all their guns they call "Slim" :rolleyes:

I love Kahr's... but they need to finesse their current line up instead of messing with their already fantastic trigger.

I'll buy another Kahr the second they round off their PM slides/muzzles and replace that huge slide release with a simple pin and integral slide release.

Jim Watson

A little quality time with a belt sander did wonders for my Kahr slide stop.

But by "integral" do you mean internal like a PPK?

peggysue

Kahr Arms is an American small arms manufacturer founded by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon), who currently serves as CEO and President.[1][2]

Bart Noir

The "This is so great!" advertizing link does specifically say that the trigger movement has been reduced by 30%, if I read it write. That was on the diagram portion. I look forward to checking one in a gun shop someday.

Bart Noir

Dfariswheel

Kahr Arms is an American small arms manufacturer founded by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon), who currently serves as CEO and President.[1][2]

Justin Moon is no kook.
He's a very talented firearms designer that invented a very ground breaking firearms design and turned it into one of the finest CCW pistols in the world.
He's an entirely normal, reasonable man.

We don't ding people in America because of whatever their father may or may not have been.
You know, that Constitution thingy.

Dashunde

Jim Watson said:
But by "integral" do you mean internal like a PPK?
No, a simple lever that pivots internally on the Kahr's pin, or any of the other methods that doesn't add a big chunk of metal on the outside of a otherwise very slim ccw... Think PPS, XDs, LC9, LCP.

pilpens

I hope the new trigger (30% shorter than regular) becomes available as a retrofit to older Kahrs.
My primary CC is a Kahr K9 and my 15 yard groups tend to be wider when shooting fast compared to my DA revolvers. I think it is mainly caused by: small pistol + long trigger pull + big hands puts the trigger break way in the back (break is short for my hands).
If the trigger breaks sooner in the pull, I would like my K9 more.

Darker Loaf

The thing is.... it can't really be a race gun. Firstly, it's single stack. And second, I agree, even if the trigger is improved, which would be cool, it would still just be a 30% better trigger.

And so, it doesn't strike me as being a race gun. However, I still think it's cool as heck. I mean, it's a long-slide Kahr, all ported up, with an improved trigger. Yeah, it's wonky and ugly, but it probably shoots really well.

Armybrat

I could care less what religion Moon follows, he makes a nice gun... here in America by Americans.
I've got three Kahrs, all well made quality pistols.

The Gen 2 doesn't interest me, though.

orionengnr

I'm not big on any pistol with an optic on it...but I'm not a big-time competitor.
I own two Kahr pistols (PM9 and P45), and depending on time of year, one or the other is my EDC. Excellent handguns, IMHO. I would be interested in the new trigger if it would be a retrofit.

And your point is? :rolleyes:

Shadi Khalil

I'm not big on any pistol with an optic on it...but I'm not a big-time competitor.
I own two Kahr pistols (PM9 and P45), and depending on time of year, one or the other is my EDC. Excellent handguns, IMHO. I would be interested in the new trigger if it would be a retrofit.

Quote:
And your point is?

Seems like any time there is a Kahr discussion someone comes along and makes a comment about his religion or his father. I wonder if the same people bring up browning or gastons religion when the subject comes up. I willing to bet they don't.

As for the new Kahr, it's nothing I'd ever buy but I'm glad to see they are expanding their catalog.

Armybrat

Seems like any time there is a Kahr discussion someone comes along and makes a comment about his religion or his father. I wonder if the same people bring up browning or gastons religion when the subject comes up. I willing to bet they don't.
And I'll bet some of them love to collect WWII German weapons with Nazi rollmarks. ;)

We already know what Gaston's religion is... Money.
.... and wimmin. :D