Justify it!

Dashunde

I, probably like many of you, don’t have a bunch of cash just lying around for whimsical pistol impulse buying. If your like me you spend weeks seeking out (and justifying) each new gun because it fills a roll - Nightstand, truck, ccw(s) and so on.
What are your favorites and what are their duties?

Stressfire

Justify it!

No, I don't have to and you can't make me!

Okay, fine -

Beretta 92 - first buy. Intended for target but also does nightstand duty, bought under the reasoning that I would never part with it
Bersa 45UC - Got CHL, needed something smaller than the 92
Keltec P3AT - Bersa was too big for summer carry (sold for below)
RIA CS - Because everybody needs a 1911 and I didn't like the P3AT (sold for below)
Ruger GP 100 - Shot my FIL's and loved it- Justification: Zombie Apocalypse
Marlin 795 - Ability to target shoot cheaper, which hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful:rolleyes:

I stopped having to "justify" purchases after dropping $2k on my fiance's engagement ring.....that backfired because now I don't have money for more guns:eek: I think that was her plan all along....

bryanj0077

Well, I only have 4 guns, but each has a purpose...
- Remington 870 SuperMag.... turkey/deer gun
- Glock 19.... Home Defense/CCW
- Ruger LCP .380.... CCW
- Norinco SKS.... hunting/home defense/plinking
Not a big collection, but I enjoy each one in its own way...

BarryLee

While not the entire herd I guess the favorites or at least the most used are:

SIG P229 9mm primary carry

SIG P220 .45 home defense and range

H&K USP .40S&W home defense, occasional carry and fun at the range

GLOCK G26 brand new, but probably going to see some use as a carry gun

Ruger Mark II when I want to feel like a real marksman

S&W 642 pocket carry

Ruger LCP when everything else is just too big

Last edited:

the rifleer

Honestly its getting harder and harder for me to justify any gun purchase anymore. I'll think i need a good long range rifle, then remind myself that i have 3 that fit that roll just fine. Then i think i need something that i can load super fast and shoot quickly… again, i already have two of those. Then i think i just need a good .22 that i can relax and shoot… I have another two of those. I'm at the point where if i buy a gun its because i like it and no other reason at all.

sigcurious

Because I wanted it, because I wanted it and because I wanted it. :D

The only gun I've bought so far with a specific purpose is my m&p 9c for CCW purposes. Everything else has just been pure unadulterated want. My favorites are my 1911 and my 226.

Scorch

If your like me you spend weeks seeking out (and justifying) each new gun because it fills a roll - Nightstand, truck, ccw(s) and so on.
Sounds to me like you have plenty of money if you are dedicating a gun to each role. Handguns are versatile, it is easy to find one that fills multiple roles.
What are your favorites and what are their duties?
Colt Combat Commander for CCW, nightstand duty, hunting sidearm, etc. Sure I have others, a Redhawk, a Python, a SIG, etc, but there is no need for one for each role, I can mix and match or use one for all roles.

KyJim

I use the same justification my wife uses for a pair of shoes. I need THAT gun to carry when dressed in a particular manner. :D

1stmar

That's a tough question, everyone's situation is different. If you work hard and have a family and you can buy yourself something without depriving your family that should be enough. It's a balancing act. It's good to give but sometimes you need to receive. Jack said it, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy..

Deaf Smith

I justify it as a form of GUN CONTROL!

Yes, gun control. After all, the more I buy the less the bad guys can get ahold of.

I'm doing it for the children!

if only one life is saved (and old S&Ws to.)

Deaf

jfrey

My G19 is my bedside gun.
My LCP is my pocket gun.
My Shield is my new EDC gun.
My Briley .45 is my favorite range gun.
My Judge is my fun/snake gun.
The list goes on.
You get the idea.

LockedBreech

Daniel Defense M4V1: High-grade military-spec combat longarm. Every home should have one, Switzerland-style. My first choice if I knew trouble was coming.

Remington 870: Shotgun! Can take out birds, varmints, and violent felons with equal ease. A big steel tube with twin action bars. Nothing simpler.

Beretta PX4: Service-quality double stack sidearm/nightstand gun/cold weather carry

Ruger LCP: No matter where I am or what I'm wearing, at least 7 rounds of 9x17.

Ruger 10/22: The best cheap plinker gun there ever was!

ragwd

It gets difficult to justify after a while
exactly, at first i had justification because i had a lot of needs to fill, now Ive slowed down my buying , about very six months. Cant justify my purchases anymore, but Im old enough i dont have care.

2ndtimearound

My thoughts

A 22 and a 12 gauge is a must.
Every southerner need an AR or a M1A
1911 is an American right
A ccw is a must 380-45
A big bore hunitng rifel (44-470)
A 30calaber hunting rifel
20ga for the wife & kids (home defence)
Maby 2 or 3 of any depending on the size of the faimly
This dosnt cover my wants eather

KMAX

I have a Mossberg 12 guage with 18" barrel that I keep loaded with slugs just in case of bear attack. Fifty-five years in central Texas and I haven't seen one yet, but I'm ready just in case. SKS and Mini 14 are for in case Al Quida or the Taliban come knocking at my door.That is my justification.

Seriously, my justification is because I want them.

SIG Sauer 1911 XO - Wanted a carrying 1911 that wasn't too pretty..Guess I failed half of that, it is pretty..But I still carry it like a beast and shoot it a lot

Custom Springfield MilSpec 1911 -Bought it to customize it, one of my first 1911's..the customizing didn't go too well. The person who worked on it messed it up. Now it's benched until I find out what to do with it.

Colt Gold Cup Trophy Model 1911 - I don't even have to explain this stainless beauty and why I bought it. I'm enamored.

SIG Sauer P226 E2 - One of my main guns, duty set and all. Shot this puppy the most. Navy SEALS standard sidearm. Beautiful. Love this gun so much.

Browning High-Power - See "Colt Gold Cup Trophy" explanation.

Beretta PX4 Storm - Wanted to see what that rotating barrel was all about. Bought it after being a little down after my break up last year with the girl of 4 year. December 23rd..yay..Awesome gun. Don't take it out very often.

Glock 34 - Competition gun, need to customize the heck out of it ASAP and get back to the grind.

Glock 19 - to be my main carry when I'm in my 9mm phase. I jump to 9mm for months, then .45ACP...Vicious cycle. I shoot this gun very well.

Glock 21SF - Another duty ready pistol that I carry when I'm working in the ghetto here in Miami. Liberty city. @ 4:00 w/ 2 extra mags of course.

Glock 22 - bought off a LEO friend. It's a second gen. He's not longer on watch. Can't part with it. First Glock.

S&W Model 19 - Uncle Aussie Joe went to Australia. Left this behind. Hasn't come back home or called since 2007.

H&k USP 40 - I was drunk. Shoots good though..Just aesthetically unappealing. And yes, a Glock owner is saying that.

Remington Magnum 870 - Hand me down from pops.

Rock River AR-15 - Civil unrest, Miami has a crappy group of looters after the hurricanes and when the power is out for days. Plus...Needed a rifle. Who doesn't? You're reading this and don't have one? Get one!