Just when things were starting to shape up....

cecILL

Sorry to hear about your wrist, pain is a terrible thing. This may be a little late, but when drilling tough materials, use the left hand. When the bit catches, the drill will twist out of your hand.

reynolds357

Hooligan, the 12oz. curls should cure the pain anyway.;)
I do not drill much wood, but I do drill a lot of stone. I had to brake down and switch hammer drills to the newer design with clutches in them. They are a tad bit slower, but a heck of a lot safer.

Againstthewind

hole hawgs

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad recovery is on the way. Hopefully everything works out for the fall.

Those hole hawgs are dangerous. I lucky don't have to use one very often. Instead of saying I am ambidextrous I think neither handed fits me better. One wrist will get tired and worn out using it one way so I switch and end up with both hurting with those dang things.

I shoot left handed. I have tried shooting right handed but haven't had much luck and gave up on that. It just feels too weird. I think it is harder to train the not dominant eye than people realize. I tried out a left-handed bolt rifle and that felt weird, too.

DannyB1954

The good news is there is an indication that learning to do things a new way is good for the grey matter. I was once at a wedding reception with a 95 year old Chinese man. He was sharper than I was. He said stop growing, start dying. That was at least 30 years ago. I guess he made an impression on me OK.

I do have sympathy to your situation. (I was off work for 3 months with sciatic back pain.) I hope you fully recover as I have. Happy learning in the mean time.

MarkDozier

That is a bad break (no pun intended). Now you can sue the pants off the lumber company for selling you a dangerous piece of wood and not included the needed warning labels to help prevent injury to an unsuspecting customer.:eek::D:D:D

hooligan1

Bandages and stitches to be removed today... Im totally pumped to get this off my wrist, its dirty and hard to get into a coat sleeve and its only ten degrees outside..:(

Crashyoung

Been there, done that, sold the movie rights...

Broke my wrist in a fall, had metal put in, had surgery to remove
the metal, and I have missed two seasons of hunting and fishing...:mad:
And it is my fretting hand, so playing guitar was a struggle.
So far, it is getting better, so this year is looking up!

Prayers for your recovery to go easily and you can join your son in the woods.

Life is measured in scars, I can measure mine by the yard now...