Just Saw a Guy Transfer A Perfect 6” Model 19 Nickel Finish to Another Friend

shurshot

I recently picked up a 19-3 .357 Combat Magnum snubby, MINT, with Tyler T grip adapter, no box, for $550 from an old buddy. He would have accepted 500, but I offered 550, to avoid any guilt on my part. I doubt there was more than a cylinder full through it.

bluetopper

Do some states require you to go through an FFL in a private sale even though the buy and seller reside in the same state?

J.G. Terry

Constant Dollars

Figure what that $250.00's worth today. I picked up a nice 19-4 some years back for less than $400.00 from a dealer. Looked up the price on a auction site. Those handgun have an asking price nearly twice what this handgun cost. Guns are the same. Our money is no good!

Real Gun

I don't see how a 19, pinned and recessed, fired, and nickel plated in nice condition would be worth $1000. My 19-4, nickel 4" was $800, and I thought I was paying a premium. That $650 sounds like no worse than "a good deal". The first thing I did was replace the original grips but with wooden Eagles. That gun is a pain monkey with full power ammo, so I reload a mid level round for it. The gun was too tight for lead bullets, so in opening up the throats the plating immediately peeled around the cylinder face...off to Mahovsky's Metalife and now like new but invested with about $100 more. Point being that like most of my guns, it was a work in progress and only an initial investment.

Rangegod

Friend?

Not really a great friend. I picked up this unfired 19 for $400 (she would have accepted $350 but then I would have felt guilty).

attachment.php

And this unfired 66 no dash with box & accessories for $625 OTD

attachment.php

Attachments

• S&W19 3.JPG
    S&W19 3.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 211