Just bought what some think is a lame gun.

FunGramps

Nice gun. I didn't try to collect 922s but I have 4 at the moment. They are fun to shoot and seem to be well made. One of them is mint in the box with papers so I fired it a few times and put it away. They are all 1950 revolvers (K prefix). I have around 80 H&R guns and most were inherited, given to me or bought for less than $100. I like them all even if they are cheap.
80?!

I'm green! What a collection. Considering that well kept "cheap" vintage American guns (no such animal anymore) are no longer cheap, those are better than money in the bank @ .000000 interest. :)

Grant 14

I remember shooting my grandmothers 9 shot H&R when I was a kid. Family lore has it that it put a forked horn in the freezer when it got into my grandmothers garden. I wish we still had it. Grant.

GLK

Perhaps to you.
I saw no mention of price, but if I saw that H&R next to a Wrangler for the same price, I'm walking away with the H&R every single time.
yep. and I think the Wrangler is the best $150.00 6 shot cowboy style 22LR revolver out today(but not at $199.00 Ruger) But a clean & cared for H&R is a jewel from a by gone era.

dgludwig

I've always considered H&R revolvers and their Iver Johnson equivalents (especially the break-open variants) to be a trapper's ideal sidearm.

Newtire

Ruger Wrangler over an old H&R? Ruger Wrangler not half the revolver of those old H & R’s. Having said that, terrible idea putting that plastic end on the mainspring guide rod on H & R. Makes the Ruger the durability champ in spite of being ugly.

Reloadron

Just bought what some think is a lame gun.

Matters not what anyone else thinks. Several years ago, maybe a decade one of my co-workers handed me a little 9 shot NEF (New England Firearms) R922 9 shot 22 LR. His father in law passed and he just gave me the gun. That little revolver is really fun to shoot and I have become fond of it. Enjoy your new addition.

Ron

aarondhgraham

I too own an H&R 922,,,
But I'm not as in love with it as some are.

I recently took all of my SA revolvers to the range,,,
I know the 922 is SA/DA but it's close enough.

Off of a rest shooting as carefully as I could,,,
It shot the worst groups out of the five.

Maybe mine is just shot-out,,,
It has seen quite a bit of use (not abuse),,,
Fortunately I didn't give a lot of coin to purchase it.

Most older H&R's I have seen appealed to me on an aesthetic level,,,
But the three I have owned in recent years were disappointing as shooters.

Just sayin'

Aarond

Cornhusker77

I'll jump in here :)
Good on the OP for picking up a nice old revolver
I have a 922 from 1932 also. I rarely shoot it and it's in nice condition.
Around 6 or 7 years ago, I picked up a H&R 929 Sidekick .22.
Made in 1972 I think, came in the original box with the usual papers that come in the box.
Sold new for $38.97

7vxqdaz.jpg

357 Python

Don't feel bad. The first gun I carried as a security officer was an H&R 926 in 38 S&W. I carried it for about 3 months before I was able to get my Colt Python. The 926 did serve me quite well in those days.