Just bought a SigP225

Handy

Solo,

You gotta be kidding. I have just tried a P-38, a P5 and the 225. The Sig feels like it has, as advertised, a 10 lbs. pull. While I wouldn't go as far as "buttery", it isn't sticky and doesn't stage. The Walthers and most every other DA gun I've fired are both heavier (12 to 14#) and creepy. The only gun I have that gives it a run for the money is a P9S.

The trigger is one of the only things I think the gun really accells at.

Perhaps there is something amiss with your gun?

vluc

Have three of them...all outstanding pieces of engineering and shooting ergonomics. From my factory two tone to the mystical KH series (reputedly the best of the 225's), I have yet to find a pistol that just "fits" so naturally and shoots so wonderful.

Whether for general carry or for IDPA competition, it is outstanding.

jar

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

vluc

The HighNoon Mr. Softy (posted by jar above) is one of the 2 IWB's i use for the 225. The other is a Ky-tac Braveheart for the 228...also fits the 225 with a little tightening of the tension screws.

What's nice about the Mr. Softy is that with the addition of some heavy duty velcro (soft side) to the metal clip, I can now attach the gun and holster to the center console of my car so it is available while I drive. When I leave the car, just pull and it comes off, tucks into the pants and away we go.

jar

I also use an IWB from Lou Alessi with my 225 but don't have a pic of it yet. And the velcro/Mr. Softy idea works just great. I use it with several of my pistols.

centuryhouse

OK, so I'm a LITTLE LATE on this thread! First post from a new member here...

I bought a SIG p225 about 3 months ago and have since bought another one, so that tells you how much I liked it! Great pistol. I'm getting hooked though, because now I want another one, or at least another in the SIG line.

Daniel

LiveWire

Awesome pistol. Shoots like buttah.

If there's a "JC" marked on the underside of the slide just forward of the frame, then indeed yours was manufactured in '82. Mine's an "AC", IOW made in '02. Definitely worth every penny I paid.

Enjoy!

Tom2

Crunch trigger

I once had a 225. Seemed to be a very well made gun but I concur with others that the trigger pull was pretty heavy, at least in DA? I think this P1 pistol I have has a better DA pull than the Sig, but is apparently not as good a gun overall. But at least it is apples to apples, as they are both single stacks. Maybe the hicaps grabbed all the market interest before the ban, so for the same money perhaps the hicaps(228, 226) got more sales. I think it was mainly a German police usage gun. Now with the ban sunset, I would opt for a 228 myself. Unless it has a crappy too heavy trigger pull also. Not like a 1911 where you can fairly cheaply go inside and fix that.