Just bought a Scyy 9mm

5whiskey

SCCY 's says not to use reloaded ammo. Don't blame the gun dude.

Almost every gun manufacturer says not to use reloads, and many manuals even threaten that use of reloads will void the warranty. A good hand loader was probably making ammo in his first year that is easily more accurate and just as reliable/safe as factory ammo.

Fox84

Same issues using Remington factory ammo and PMC ammo. Light primer strikes when the gun cycles to full battery. Two out of ten round slide will stop 1/4 inch from full battery. Three out of ten you have to pull the trigger twice

I looked at the spent case that came with the gun. It has a bulge in the case like it was fired out battery. It has a nice primer strike tho.

Front pin is walking out as well.

I have fired 175 rds thru this, so if it was a breaking in issue, I see no improvement

I'am sending the gun to SCCY

5whiskey

^^^yes mistakes can be made. I've certainly made a few as I learned. Now I would pit my loads with almost any factory ammo regarding accuracy, safety, and reliability. None the less, the "don't use reloads in our weapon" is due to liability, not because the firearm can't function with reloads.

Fox84

I agree with you 5whiskey. My S&W, Ruger, Keltec, H&K, Tauras, Sig, Glock, Walther, RIA, and Berrata all run 100% with my reloads. The only ammo I buy is my self defense bullets.
I don't know why a Sccy Pistol would not run with the same.

After reading the SCCY Forums, I'am in for a real treat.:mad:

Last edited:

Ibmikey

I ordered a new SCCY in FDE simply because my FFL buddy was placing an order for them. It will replace the one given to my neighbor, that pistol had hundreds of rounds (factory FMJ) through it without malfunction. This is not a reloading thread so I will not comment however I shall report back after taking the new pistol out to be fired and indicate any positive or negative results.

Ibmikey

Took my new FDE frame color SCCY with me shooting AR's yesterday, fired American Eahle 115 FMC and the little pistol went through the box faster than a looter at a tv store. No stoppages of any kind and at 25 yards was knocking small pieces of brick about in a puff of red dust.
Also shot another box through my R 51 and shared a box with two High Powers...not a malfunction in the crowd.

Cheapshooter

SCCY 's says not to use reloaded ammo. Don't blame the gun dude.
Almost all manufacturers use the same lawyer speak. Just a cya for them because they have no idea what handloads somebody might use.
Sounds like the OP had the same problems with fa tory ammo. So the gun certainly can be blamed, dude.
Same issues using Remington factory ammo and PMC ammo. Light primer strikes when the gun cycles to full battery. Two out of ten round slide will stop 1/4 inch from full battery. Three out of ten you have to pull the trigger twice

I looked at the spent case that came with the gun. It has a bulge in the case like it was fired out battery. It has a nice primer strike tho.

Front pin is walking out as well.

I have fired 175 rds thru this, so if it was a breaking in issue, I see no improvement

I'am sending the gun to SCCY

Fox84

I shipped the pistol and received it back 8 days later .It had a note saying it had been serviced by a Sccy technician. I wish they would have included what they did to fix it.

I'll see tomorrow if it shoots any better.

Fox84

The pistol still won't shoot my reloads with CCI primers. I did fire 50 rds of Federal 115 gr factory ammo without problems. I'am going to a gunshow today and see if I can find some soft Federal primers and reload some 115 gr bullets just for the Sccy

They fixed the pins, I guess with oversize. They didn't walk out and aren't the same.

I didn't try any PMC or Remington to see if they will run.

Last edited:

Fox84

Finally got the SCCY to shoot my reloads with winchester primers. It still struggles with factory Remington. The PMC bronze ran fine. I may have to keep this one for a car piece.

michael t

Well I was looking At A SCCY . Now not in picture . My Kel Tec PF-9 has serve me trouble free for over 5 yrs . I'll stay with it.

gojuice101

My brother has a SCCY as his everyday carry gun. He carries defensive ammo, but the majority of what he shoots when at the range are my handloads. Had a couple failures cycling or not going into battery, but always ended up being dirty and hanging up. Never a failure to fire a primer, and CCI is mostly what I load with.

Overall a good gun. Good enough that I've been thinking about getting one. My only problem is that they seem to be more sensitive to dirt than I'm used to, but that's not really an issue for me.

They're one of the closest things to Kel-Tec.

My father had one when they first came out.

First range trip with it, the trigger return spring and something else broke on it.

We sent it up and they fixed it free of charge.

Second range trip, it kept getting the safety engaged after each shot. They sent us a safety delete kit which was easy to install, alone with a pamphlet on how to do it. Apparently it was a very common issue.

Everything was lightning fast, being in Miami and they're in Daytona.

It was good to go after all that. But my pops ended up selling it and staying with his Smith and Wesson 639.

Fox84

It's crazy, but my last trip with the SCYY and things were good, my Keltec PF9 quit. Trigger would not reset. After they were asking for proof of purchase I fixed it myself. Hammer spring jumped out of groove on bar. The Scyy has replaced the Keltec in my car.

SCCY

Love em!

Have three CPX 2's all black, black with a stainless slide, and purple withy a black slide.

My newest is a CPX 1 the TTWT model. White frame with a stainless slide.