Jogging gun???

JimFox

branrot - Yes, it'll get wet with sweat. You do have several rust resistant items in your existing inventory.

Chinch tight and set the holster part just to the left of your center line (if you're right handed).

When you get back let the gun air dry while you shower/towel off and then wipe the gun with an oily rag. If it will get really, really wet you might consider using something like saran wrap when you stuff it into the holster part.

I don't really like the looks of stainless steel and/or titainium for esthetic reasons. But uses like this are where they come into their own. Going to use +P loads - get a gun rated for it. Going to expose the gun to heat and humidity - get a gun rated for it (as you do).

------------------
Jim Fox

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Here's my choice's:

Jogging= NAA .22 Magnum
Walk'in The Dog= Glock 27

Jogging weapon carried in a fannypack; Glock
27 in a Galco belt slide/thumb break holster.

Regards,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Hydejam

I have to agree with voodoo on this one. I am a major sweat machine whenever I go running and the best option I've found is using a neoprene walkman/discman holder.
Advantages:
1. They repel water and sweat.
2. You get a snug fit for the firearm
3. You can cinch it tight around your waist, but not uncomfortable because of the soft neoprene.

Check them out at Case Logic's website:
http://www.casedirect.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe
(Type "neoprene" on the search line)

I recommend the tape player size for smaller guns. You can usually find them at places like Circuit City or other large electronics stores.

Just my .02 and happy & safe jogging!

[This message has been edited by Hydejam (edited May 25, 2000).]

Erik

It's my understanding that the all Ti revolvers are virtually impervious to corrosion. So sweat all you want on them.

branrot

hydejam: I tried the link but couldn't browse any cases. I was able to order a catalog on-line, though. Thanks.

7th Fleet

I own most of the guns that have been mentioned here, including several that weren't. The obvious choice is the Kel-Tec P-32, it weighs 6.6 ounces empty. It is light small and flat, it holds 8 rounds of .32 acp ammo. It is reliable and durable and if you can't carry that small of a gun, you need to stay at home.

7th

------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE, KEEP THEM INDEPENDENT.

P-35

I like a 640, old style .38 only, held in the hand covered with a big sock or a ankle rig flipped inside out, works for me.

P

PreserveFreedom

If you want cheap and light, I would recommend an inexpensive 22LR auto. Say what you want about that tiny round, but I'd take it over a 25 or a 32 any day. I have hears instances where a 25 or 32 wouldn't penetrate a leather coat of an attacker whereas a 22 is a high velocity round with little surface area to let it's power be absorbed. If you can find one for a good price, maybe consider a 22WMR. I have heard that they will penetrate a vest without a problem.

BrokenArrow

I just wrap my SP101/642 in a hankie and switch hands when I get tired. Be very careful when ya wipe your nose. :)

------------------
>>>>---->

nwgunman

I suggest a different fanny pack. I have several in cool, non-"tactical" colors with "hippy" decals sewn on them. Both are designed specifically for carry firearms and have rigid internal holsters for the guns. I run regularly with my custon Glock 22 (reduced grip to accept g23 mags) fully loaded for miles with no problems: gun, spare mag, ID, keys, notepad & pencil, etc. As always, I also carry a Less Than Lethal Weapon (pepper spray w/ pocket clip on my support side). The pack must fit right and be adjusted snugly. Personally, I have never given a second thought to the "problems" or "hassels" associated to carrying a concealed weapon. This seems to be a major concern to many other folks out there. But I just think about the REAL "problem/hassle" of being in a bad situtation and being not armed or under-gunned. 'Nuff said. Stay safe.

tstr

I recommend an M-16, carried straight out in front of you. Absolutely *NO* one will mess with you, *AND* you get a great upper body workout at the same time.

Strayhorn

Currently I jog with a Walther PPK in .32, carried either in a fanny pack (with a pair of earphones attached as a disguise, makes it look like I've got a Walkman in the pack like most joggers in my area) or if I'm wearing BDU shorts to jog, it's in a Falco IWB I purchased from Karl Bloss at the Makarov site (www.makarov.com).

Prior to that, I jogged with a M1903 stuck in the elastic waistband of my jogging trunks (the famous "Mexican holster"). That was also in .32, since the .32 semis tend to be lighter than anything I've come across.

The only other secret I can pass along is elastic - the fanny pack is made for jogging and has a section of elastic in the belt to keep it snug and minimize bouncing. I use one of the new "BDU belts" with the velcro closure on my BDU jogging shorts, they are a bit elastic and so wide that there's no bouncing.

Hope you find a solution among all these suggestions, I've seen some new ideas myself - thanks, guys!

Regards,
Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PreserveFreedom:
If you want cheap and light, I would recommend an inexpensive 22LR auto. Say what you want about that tiny round, but I'd take it over a 25 or a 32 any day. I have hears instances where a 25 or 32 wouldn't penetrate a leather coat of an attacker whereas a 22 is a high velocity round with little surface area to let it's power be absorbed. If you can find one for a good price, maybe consider a 22WMR. I have heard that they will penetrate a vest without a problem.[/quote]

My empirical testing showed that .22 lr has poor penetration (light bullet, no jacket). By contrast, .32 defeated barriers that stopped .410 slugs (similar weight, higher velocity but no jacket and greater corss-section area than .32). I will stick with the results I could see for myself over anecdotes.