Jeweling my ole 9mm smith.

DiscoRacing

Wasnt sure if I would do the whole gun or not...might be overkill:cool:

slammedsi... there are a couple of videos on youtube how to do it...larry potterfield from Midwayusa shows pretty well. Not hard just time consuming.

ep2621... Im thinking about doing the cylinder on my ole trusty redhawk.

Goodspeed says go all the way...dont stop till ya hit wood he says..
... Will give that some thought..

.. still cold and snowy today... might just go to it.

C Philip

Looks much better with the wood grips than the plastic ones. Doing the whole gun would be too much in my opinion.

EdInk

I think it would look really awesome on a SAA clone if you did it in moderation.

I think on a shiny blued gun do the grip frame and trigger guard (not the trigger itself), hammer, cylinder (but not the concaved flutes),bejector rod housing, loading gate (but not the whole blast shield) and the front sight. Then put some stag grips on it.

It could look good on a stainless steel Vaquero but perhaps do buffalo horn grips or checkered wood grips instead.

B. Lahey

It would look a lot better if the rows of swirlydeals were straight and uniformly stacked.

As it is, it looks like it was jeweled by a heavy drinker.

DiscoRacing

Didnt have a jig nor vise to hold the first ones...

... got a milling vise now..

... Now I can get the Swirley Deals Straight AND Stacked.:D

DiscoRacing

One good thing you've done is those who were thinking about jeweling their slides will now know not to

Interesting...

... I have two people that I have showed round here..and they want me to do theirs..

.. told em I would rather have a little more practice first...and now that I have the milling vise makes it more uniform.

Skans

I've got that same gun - yours looks kind of cool with the jeweling. I think if I were to have mine done, or do it myself, I'd jewel the trigger, barrel, safety, hammer, and polish the slide flats.

Rick_A

personally I dont like it. i would probly bead blast the frame and polish the slide.

but hey different strokes for different fokes