Jeweling my ole 9mm smith.

DiscoRacing

Jeweling my ole 9mm smith....Done for Now

While polishing my stainless beadblasted 5906...I got the silly Idea of wondering what the side of my slides would look like jeweled... I have just started playing with the jeweling process....

... was curious what others would think of my silly project.:rolleyes:

100_2979.jpg

Last edited:

Kreyzhorse

I don't dislike the process but I don't like it on that gun. The plastic grip panels and the jeweling are at odds with each other.

DiscoRacing

Have some nice hogue wood grips I will probably put back on it Krezy..

... tis just one a my carrys anyway... my all round beater gun...

...so to speak.

laytonj1

Since you asked,
While I think jeweling small parts (trigger, hammer, etc.) can add a little personality to a gun, jeweling the slide looks outta place and just don't look right.

But apparently, some do like it.

Jim

DiscoRacing

Hows this Kreyz??

I know some will like and some wont... but thats ok... honest answers are what I was looking for...

... Since I the gun was beadblasted when I got it,,, then I polished it out...now I jeweled part of the slide... Im pretty sure a beadblast would fix all that I have done to it..and would be back to original resale value.

100_2983.jpg

twhidd

People who would complain about how it looks wouldn't hesitate to have a gun engraved. I like it better than some the engraved hunks of steel I've seen before.

Kreyzhorse

Night and day DiscoRacing.

I think it looks much better with the wood panels on it. Not sure I'd do it with my gun but I think the wood compliments the gun and jeweling better.

ep2621

I like it. I think it would look good on a revolver. Not one of the triplets cause they look good as is. (I'm still talking about guns) Maybe do something with a 4 inch barrel and wood grips.

hexidismal

Personally, I like it. Especially with the wood grips. I always thought factory jeweling would be a good option on guns marketed to the ladies, instead of just slapping a pink grip on.

CajunBass

People who would complain about how it looks wouldn't hesitate to have a gun engraved. I like it better than some the engraved hunks of steel I've seen before.

Sure I would. I like my guns plain and simple. I don't care much for engraving and like the jewling even less.

But if you happen to like it, it's ok with me.